Suggestion: cities for a long-term plan

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 18:33

Nice map! Why not add Zadar too? ;)

volan123
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 19:32

uk_daf_fan wrote:Nice map! Why not add Zadar too? ;)
Zadar should be most def on the map since there is a large gap between Rijeka and Split ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Vladzz-G
Developer

03 Oct 2014 21:57

In Bulgaria with София [Sofia] you can also put these cities in long-time plan, like:
♦ cities with +300 000 inhabitants (2) :
- Варна [Varna]
- Пловдив [Plovdiv]
♦ cities with +100 000 inhabitants (4) :
- Бургас [Burgas]
- Плевен [Pleven]
- Русе [Ruse]
- Стара-Загора [Stara-Zagora]
♦ cities with +50 000 inhabitants (6)
- Благоевград [Blagoevgrad]
- Велико Търново [Veliko Tarnovo]
- Видин [Vidin]
- Враца [Vratsa]
- Шумен [Shumen]
- Ямбол [Yanbol]
♦ cities with +30 000 inhabitants (2)
- Силистра [Silistra]
- Кърджали [Kardzhali]

Total possible count of bulgarian cities: 14 (+ София [Sofia]) = 15

Also I will happy if you probably will include 2 bulgarian cities, like sceneries (marked with blue dots), because it's names sounding funny (russian-speaking people will understand) :D
- Баня [Banya]
- Троян [Troyan]

Here is concept map.

As Silistra & Kardzhali has small count of inhabitants, but has enough space, this will be under your decision.
There is also under decision some cities with +50 000 inhabitants, due of space. Anything can change.
I made this concept map of Bulgaria, because Bulgaria with only Sofia will looks, like almost empty. :D
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Luthiery Cavalcante

03 Oct 2014 22:31

uk_daf_fan wrote:Nice map! Why not add Zadar too? ;)
Zadar add depends on Promods create Ancona (ITA). It could be a good connection Rimini-Rijeka, Ancona-Zadar and Pescara-Split.

However, a new city in that area will require a alternative road to Banja Luka, and maybe to Rijeka also.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 23:46

Vladzz-G wrote:In Bulgaria with София [Sofia] you can also put these cities in long-time plan, like:
For a start I would reduce the amount of cities in Bulgaria by half, just making cities over 100000. Your map's scale is larger (50 km) than that of the first map (100 km). Also, as rule of thumb, cities should be around 100 km away between each other for a starter. After building those, you may decide adding more cities.

volan123
Donation rank:

04 Oct 2014 07:45

jontsuba wrote:
Vladzz-G wrote:In Bulgaria with София [Sofia] you can also put these cities in long-time plan, like:
For a start I would reduce the amount of cities in Bulgaria by half, just making cities over 100000. Your map's scale is larger (50 km) than that of the first map (100 km). Also, as rule of thumb, cities should be around 100 km away between each other for a starter. After building those, you may decide adding more cities.
6 cities should be enough... Your plan has too many cities on such a tiny little world... it's 1:19 ratio :P

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

volan123
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2014 15:05

Purno wrote:Yeah that looks like a reasonable plan with a pretty good density. We do have plans for expanding towards that region. But since we know SCS has plans there as well, we have to be careful with actually developing that area.
I didn't know that SCS might be working on Balkans. I think after they will release Scandinavia DLC, they will most likely release Going West! DLC next year and probably Going East! including Balkans in 2016... Even if they'll make it this far... I seriously hope some of the Balkans will be done in Promods before SCC will release a DLC for it... Still can't figure out why they put gas stations and rest stops on the background image in Slovenia... Maybe they'll have plans for it sooner than I think? At this stage it's just pure speculation and it all depends of SCS priorities... That's my thoughts on this matter :)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page

Kiki047

08 Oct 2014 06:26

I like the Croatia plan. But i would like to see Karlovac in that, cause all traffic that goes from Eastern Croatia need to pass through Karlovac on its way to Rijeka, Split, Zadar etc.

Mil00rad

26 Oct 2014 00:47

I have a few suggestions.

-The most frequent road from Niš to Sarajevo is E-761 that goes through Kruševac,Kraljevo,Čačak and Užice.
-Road from Prishtinë to Pirot is unnecessary.All ways from Kosova lead to Niš. :D
-Road from Kaçanik to Prizren is also unnecessary here.
-Osijek would be problem if SCS make Pécs,it's too close.My vote goes to Dubrovnik instead of Osijek.

Other roads are very well-planned.Great job!

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2014 03:45

I know Montenegro is a very small country, but you should please also consider adding Bar or Kotor or some other town in that area. The roads to and from the coast thru the mountains are some of the most :shock: in Southern Europe.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information