Question about performance

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jdenm8
Graphics Designer

15 Oct 2014 04:32

I read some other forums and it seems people with the game installed on conventional HDDs seem to have no issues and those with it on SSDs experience stuttering. Give moving ETS2 off of the SSD a go.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2014 06:53

jdenm8 wrote:Give moving ETS2 off of the SSD a go.
Also move the users folder to a HDD as screenshots, saved games etc goes to c:\users as default
SSD and frequent write operations is not performant
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

BebeMischa
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2014 20:30

I'm having this issue too. It was really bad, when i did run ETS on a 7200rpm HDD, now with a SSD it is a bit better, but still present. Also tried multiple solutions. The only one making it work flawlessly was very low GPU settings. Well, hello, My R9 GPU can do better for sure!

Win 7 x64
Sandisk 6GB/s SSD
R9 280X 3GB
latest drivers and firmware's, swapfile on SSD, Al not necessary crap starting with windows disabled. No problem with other games or heavy music visualisations, nor with Full HD video.
Volvo FH16 classic 6x4, RJL Scania T 730 Hp 8x4/4, and more...
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=71603
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bebemischa/
i7 9700k, 32 GB, 2xMSI 1070Ti SLi, m.2 SSD 2 TB, 3x24" 1080p, T500RS wheel + shifter with Eaton Fuller knobs
ETS2, Promods, RusMap, Southern region, Great Steppe, all Jazzycat's
Speak NL, CZ, SK, D, GB

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2014 11:36

It's a know problem, when HL2 launced a decade ago stuttering and slow load times were a serious issues for many gamers

Loading and unpacking zip archives in memory requires bandwidth and decent IO processing on the motherboard
Also the step from dualcore and hyperthreading processors to quad and oct can cause problems if speed of each core is not adequate
And yes the BCP files for the Source SDK is compressed archives

I have seen ETS2 vanilla running flawlessly on ultra settings on two different rigs setup with SSD for OS and Enterprise level HD's for data both on MB's using Z87 chipset

I have a special area with probs I'd gladly check it out once I have convinced on of the kids to lay down their 1st person shooters :D
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information