To Team ProMods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2014 12:09

Purno wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:Calling the Netherlands "Holland" is like calling the entire United Kingdom "England".
If we Dutch yell "hup Holland hup!", do we only cheer for a select few provinces? Most people use "Holland" to refer to the whole country, so if you want to state the majority of the country is doing it wrong, go ahead. :P
Hup, Netherlands, hup!

That doesn't sound right..... :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2014 19:06

MandelSoft wrote:Calling the Netherlands "Holland" is like calling the entire United Kingdom "England".
This annoys me too, so I can understand the problem.

It's also politically incorrect to say Great Britain and the United Kingdom are the same thing. The official name of our country is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which sort of tells you that United Kingdom refers to Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland) with the inclusion of Northern Ireland.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2014 23:56

uk_daf_fan wrote:
This annoys me too, so I can understand the problem.

It's also politically incorrect to say Great Britain and the United Kingdom are the same thing. The official name of our country is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which sort of tells you that United Kingdom refers to Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland) with the inclusion of Northern Ireland.
Everything will become clear when you watch these two YouTubevids:
Expanation of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Expanation of The kingdom of The Netherlands
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2014 11:33

Thanks for the Netherlands video, now I understand and am ashamed. :lol:.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2014 19:15

I truly enjoy watching this fellow's rapid-fire, and frequently humourous presentations. I always manage to learn something new with regards to the geographic and demographic explanations. :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2014 11:36

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:I truly enjoy watching this fellow's rapid-fire, and frequently humourous presentations. I always manage to learn something new with regards to the geographic and demographic explanations. :lol:
cp grey is the best
I'd also recommend his series about elections. You guys over the pond clearly need changes in that respect ;)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2014 12:27

It's just a translation issue, in Denmark we say "Holland" and "England" colloquially, we do have "Storbritannien" and "Nederlandene" in the vocabulary but seldom used other than in public school and academic circles :geek:
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2014 12:50

I'd say calling the Netherlands "Holland" is actually more like calling the UK "Wales".

volan123
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2014 18:29

uk_daf_fan wrote:I'd say calling the Netherlands "Holland" is actually more like calling the UK "Wales".
Well since I'm from Netherlands on football matches we all shouted "Holland!" not "Netherlands"... :P
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information