Truck ( weigh ) scales?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
busterbrown

20 Aug 2013 00:42

Are you kidding me or does not european countries have "Truck Weighing Scales" on major highways ( motorways ) or even some sub highways?

Must just be not in the game for surely europe dos'nt trust all of it's truckers to be honest about weight they are carrying? Highways need to be protected from to much weight you know.

I'm in the U.S. and believe me there are Truck Scales here. ( don't ask how I know :roll: LOL )

Also why no police roming around, just because there are radar setups doesnt mean no highway patrol needed.

I know that Europe has police vehicles in real life so why not in the game? SCS afraid of maybe using to many pollys?

This goes also for Fire trucks, Ambulances, also regular vehicles such as pickup trucks, straightbed trucks. taxi cabs.

I realize not only would a few more pollys be involved in the game and so would time to do it in. Such is life and I believe you ( And SCS ) could have the worlds best truck driving simulation, which would also mean more Euro's for you.
Last edited by busterbrown on 20 Aug 2013 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Boeing73FLY

20 Aug 2013 03:14

Don't forget that European Trucking is not like our country's. They may not have scales on highways or anything like it (as far as I know of at the moment), and plus there are mostly radars/cameras everywhere rather than the police just holding a radar gun up and chasing a speeder to pull him/her over (also as far as I know of). Yes, variety is needed with types of cars/trucks, but such vehicles may not be worth it to the game for them as they are for us. I saw a post on their SCS blog and it included a picture of a Ford Transit van converted into a flatbed truck.

But to stick on-topic, I don't really think there are a lot of scales in Europe.
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

ScuL
Founder

20 Aug 2013 10:17

Most European countries do not have scales they are usually done by "on the spot checks" where police just suddenly close down a resting area and set up a temporary weighing point. There are some exceptions, I know that Norway has scales for instances.
Because this feature is not included in the game it was not possible for us to add it to the mod.

PS I would love to see emergency vehicles too, there is great variety amongst the European countries.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RedMoxi

20 Aug 2013 12:55

If you are to add emergency vehicles (not a small task given the number of variations) then please do so in moderation, nothing worse than installing a mod to find the new addition coming round every corner - I do not wish to drive in a police state ;)

Cadde

20 Aug 2013 13:21

I don't think there's anything stopping a modder from replacing the speed camera model(s) with a model of a police car parked behind a bush.

And SCS had plans for police AI but dropped those plans, i don't remember why but there are remnants in the SII files.

ScuL
Founder

20 Aug 2013 13:31

Cadde wrote:I don't think there's anything stopping a modder from replacing the speed camera model(s) with a model of a police car parked behind a bush.

And SCS had plans for police AI but dropped those plans, i don't remember why but there are remnants in the SII files.
We already did this in Denmark!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

rikard.johansson.754
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2013 14:26

We have some "Police Control Areas" in Sweden with scales, one just North of Norrköping, but mostly the controlls are done as Scul says with mobile scales.
I saw a mod somewhere that added emergency vehicles, different for each country. But the way the game uses available vehicles for traffic you end up with a lot of them everywhere.

busterbrown

22 Aug 2013 19:09

ScuL wrote:
Cadde wrote:I don't think there's anything stopping a modder from replacing the speed camera model(s) with a model of a police car parked behind a bush.

We already did this in Denmark!

You did? Guess its either been night time and I was not speeding or my glasses are really failing me for I've never seen ( nor been sited for speeding ) any type of radar north of the German Boarder. Glad I read this post for I was about to complain and ask "What happen to radar north of German Boarder?" Now I know. :oops:

Gotta love this game. :mrgreen:
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Cadde

22 Aug 2013 22:00

busterbrown wrote:*snip* any type of radar north of the German Boarder. *snip*
Go through the tunnel going north/south in Gothenburg (Göteborg) at speed and you will surely get a ticket.
And there are some radars in Sweden too in this map.

They look like this:

EDIT: Picked a smaller image.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 Aug 2013 23:07

There are some truck weight scales in the Netherlands, signed as "weegpunt":

https://maps.google.nl/?ll=52.277496,4. ... 61,,1,2.47

The actual scale is an induction loop in the road (I think):
https://maps.google.nl/?ll=52.274535,4. ... 5,,0,21.84

So yeah, they do exist very sporadically in Europe.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information