Truckers code of conduct

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
lumentulo

21 Dec 2014 12:42

I hope one day a full truckers' code will be at ets2mp forum.

I believe I can be a painful character on the road 'cause I obey all the speed signs and all countries speed restrictions (I plan to start obeying even trailers' speed limits when I open all the map).

Today was the first time (I guess it's called "maiden voyage") of my online driving but I never could tell guys to overtake me if they want (well, actual writing is too long and drags one's attention off the road).

Thank you all. It is extremely useful information.
Languages: RU, EN, DE, PL.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2014 23:06

lumentulo wrote:I hope one day a full truckers' code will be at ets2mp forum.

I believe I can be a painful character on the road 'cause I obey all the speed signs and all countries speed restrictions (I plan to start obeying even trailers' speed limits when I open all the map).

Today was the first time (I guess it's called "maiden voyage") of my online driving but I never could tell guys to overtake me if they want (well, actual writing is too long and drags one's attention off the road).

If you want to let people know they can overtake you (and can see it's safe to do so), you turn on your right indicator for the continent and left indicator in the UK. Just be sure to turn it off again when you see oncoming traffic approaching.

However, in multiplayer, it's my experience a lot of players just want to follow you around for a while.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2015 21:23

lumentulo wrote:I hope one day a full truckers' code will be at ets2mp forum.

Rather than a long list of do's and dont's, although that could be done!

Be Patient; Be Courteous; Be Considerate and Be Professional. Following those few simple guide lines is how I learnt to drive trucks, and after 26 years of driving HGVs, there is always something new to learn every day!

Keep on Trucking!

MOOSE6733
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

natvander
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2015 23:57

They do the same down here with the addition that most overtaking trucks, on getting the headlight flash, then indicate left - right - left (or whatever maniac sequence they come up with) to say thanks.

Aussie Trucker

02 Jun 2015 00:29

natvander wrote:They do the same down here with the addition that most overtaking trucks, on getting the headlight flash, then indicate left - right - left (or whatever maniac sequence they come up with) to say thanks.
Yeah we've been doing it for years. Even in the ute if I'm not talking to the driver on the radio I'll give him a flash to let him know when I'm ok for him to pull back in. Around my area there is getting to be less and less cowboys and more consideration from both car and truck drivers and often the flashes aren't needed but they still happen and most truckies give the thank you gesture when they see the head light flash.

Horizon™
Developer

02 Jun 2015 22:26

I'm doing one thing I seen in Poland - if you want overtake a truck, truck driver turn little bit to road side,to make fast and safer overtake. Used this method a lot in ETS2MP then my truck was slower , right now I'm like "get out from my way" by blinking the lights :D
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Aussie Trucker

03 Jun 2015 00:16

DeusHorizon wrote: right now I'm like "get out from my way" by blinking the lights :D
Put a beacon on the roof of the truck and have it turned on all the time. Doesn't do anything to make driving easier but in my rule book it tells other drivers 'get out of the way I'm in a hurry and your piddly little buzz box means nothing to my end goal'. :)

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

03 Jun 2015 20:30

Hopefully you won't see a Blue Beacon behind you! :lol:
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

Aussie Trucker

04 Jun 2015 00:49

MOOSE 6733 wrote:Hopefully you won't see a Blue Beacon behind you! :lol:
That's one redeeming feature of ETS, no police chases :)

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2015 06:57

Aussie Trucker wrote:
That's one redeeming feature of ETS, no police chases :)
If ETS2 had police I would be in federal prison by now for how bad I drive :lol:
sorry off topic
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information