Truckers code of conduct

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Aussie Trucker

07 Jun 2015 00:13

Two things I learnt early in my career, to disable speedos on rental cars and to disable speed limiters. One comes with a bit more risk that the other given the fines for disabling speed limiters but in a game like ETS there is no repercussions so all is good, lets bring on the ambulance racing :)

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2015 16:23

Hee,hee, what ever next Aussie :lol: ?; I guess the next thing you'll bring in is racing the Fire and Rescue trucks! :roll:
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

Aussie Trucker

07 Jun 2015 23:36

I used to see a few F&R trucks on the roads in ETS but these days I see more of them on flatbeds so they are easy to beat. :)

Says a lot about the quality of F&R trucks in Europe given the number I see being towed as opposed to driving under their own steam. Buses are also in fairly high numbers on flatbeds in ETS. Then again maybe I'm just going to fast to notice them when they aren't on a truck. :)

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 18:18

Like the advert said: I saw this and thought of you! :lol:
Now that Would take some beating! :lol:

Aussie Trucker

10 Jun 2015 00:54

That's a Doolans truck, their Victorian Depot is just down the road from me. They cart some massive loads around this country

Dunno how old it is (rego plate makes it about a 2006 registered truck) but there aren't many places they'd be dragging a load like that.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 19:31

Oh wow! :o I didn't choose that particular truck picture for any reason, other than it had a 'fast' connection to the subject and it's what the int. exp. came up with when I did an image search for a fast 'Aussie truck'! :lol:
What a coincidence that it's from near you! ;)
Do they do general haulage as well or just the heavy stuff?
MOOSE 6733

Horizon™
Developer

10 Jun 2015 19:49

MOOSE 6733 wrote:I really think our friend DeusHorizon is missing the point here; some form of visual inter-active Police presence in game is what I was pointing towards, Not car chases, there are other PC games to cater for that sort of thing!
As Aussie Trucker says, it would be nice to have something a little more than a deduction in your bank balance, however, this would be extremely difficult to implement in the game I'm sure!

I don't miss any points, I want to see just police coming from your back and they will stop you - mainly because of speed or crashes. Car chases? I said,that I'm not for it, I'm for something Aussie Trucker said.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 22:26

DeusHorizon wrote:Police chases? It isn't a GTA V :D , but feature what if you speed a lot - police car will show up and you will have to stop.
Oh!Right! Ok, DeusHorizon, misunderstood what you had written, sorry! :oops:
What do the letters GTA V mean? :)
MOOSE 6733

natvander
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 23:32

Not often you see a Mirage on the back of a truck :D

Aussie Trucker

11 Jun 2015 00:37

MOOSE 6733 wrote: Do they do general haulage as well or just the heavy stuff?
They do some general haulage and towing etc but their bread and butter is heavy haulage.
Pretty much anything anywhere.
natvander wrote:Not often you see a Mirage on the back of a truck :D
I feel sorry for the pilot in the Tojo behind, he's toast when then really get moving and fire up the afterburner :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information