[WIP] The full real-life ETS2 1.39.x + ProMods 2.5x Map

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2016 22:15

You will need to wait. We are working on ProMods 2.11, which will be compatible with ETS2 1.25.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 03:03

Oh great (1.25 breaks PM)... now I don't dare launch my ETS2 unless I turn the wifi off. Thanks for the warning!

I wish Steam would just stop with the automatic, you-can't-stop-us-from-breaking-your-games update "feature". I've only been able to play 1.24 for a few days and if the auto update happens and breaks PM, then I have to wait N days for PM to catch up with SCS... when I would far rather just wait until the dust has settled, then update both core and mods smoothly and keep a working game. NOTE that I am not knocking PM for needing some time to catch up, not at all. But I am annoyed with Steam for not offering an option to "require user approval to update".

So tonight, it will be "turn wifi off, launch ETS2, play game, shut down game, turn wifi back on." That's the only option Steam leaves us, yes?
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 04:21

There is a much better way than turning off your wifi ;)

1) In your Steam Library, right-click ETS2 and select "Properties".

2) Go to the "BETAS" tab.

3) From the drop-down list, select the temporary "1_24" version.

4) Steam will now downgrade to 1.24 and you can continue playing ProMods 2.10

5) Don't forget to set the drop-down setting back to "NONE" once ProMods 2.11 is out, so you can update to 1.25
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 05:44

Brilliant penguinaz because guess what, Steam won't launch the game with updates pending, even in standalone mode. So hey hey, Beta Opt In it is for me. Thanks!
USBcycle

Cipus
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2016 10:26

RootlessAgrarian wrote:Oh great (1.25 breaks PM)... now I don't dare launch my ETS2 unless I turn the wifi off. Thanks for the warning!
But I am annoyed with Steam for not offering an option to "require user approval to update".
I was about to reply to you but penguinaz was faster. indeed his solution is the best to do. I put my game on beta 1.24.4.3 ever since 1.25 beta showed up. so no more automatic update of my game. I will manually update to 1.25 only when my favourite modes will work fine in 1.25 ;)
but you are right SCS should ask permission to update the game, at least for the major updates :evil:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2016 21:40

Back to the actual topic, which is VB4L's incredible google map.

This helps with one problem that has been vexing me lately, i.e. how do I know whose territory I am in at any given moment -- SCS or PM. VB4L has done all the tedious homework for us!

The cities, anyway, are clearly colour coded on the map (and what an achievement it is! hats off to VB4L). I am not sure about the colour coding of roads though... green ones seem to be PM but all others are the same tannish colour. VB4L can you clarify? If I dared to presume to make any requests for modification to such a formidable project, I'd sure like to see the roads grouped by provenance like the cities.

Next, I'd like an Android app using this map and showing my current position as I play ETS!
USBcycle

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2016 09:29

Well, about the roads. When I began the map, I had the road separated the same way as the cities were. But then the first update came, so I needed to change a few roads. That would become a huge mess on the map. Since Promods changes some roads to highways while SCS uses a B-road in almost the same place.
That would become a mess, and makes me switch from a Vanilla profile to my ProMods profile over and over again, doubling the work.

That's why I canceled that idea.

Good for mentioning though :)
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Devilagent
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2016 10:23

The best way to see which road are rebuild by Promods is running a 100% discovered vanilla profile, then add Promods to this profile, all grey roads are Promods (re)builds :D

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2016 11:28

I know that. But doing so will still make a mess of my map-view. That was my point :)

Besides that, it would kinda double the time I've already put into the map.
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Devilagent
Donation rank:

18 Sep 2016 11:50

I was not suggesting you should make a map-view like that for the reasons you mention. I just wanted to suggest users how to see which roads are rebuild by Promods or Vanilla in case they are curious about it. I think I didn't make myself clear about that :D

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information