Netherlands suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Freddy Jimmink
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2013 11:04

This off course if it's possible? And why Schiphol Airport? It lwill look great with the Schiphol tunnel

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2013 11:13

Me and Mandelsoft have worked out a little plan for NL:

We will remove the A1/A50 junction. For that we will add the A28 from Groningen to Utrecht. We will add Utrecht as well. Also we will add the A12 (in the future with the A3 in Germany)...

Also the A67 will be made I guess, we are still looking at it and keeping some options open.
This off course if it's possible? And why Schiphol Airport? It lwill look great with the Schiphol tunnel
What you mean? it's already ingame.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Freddy Jimmink
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2013 11:36

I mend Shiphol Airport give it a place next to the tunnel, do You know how much trucks comming there? (I do, i worked there)

Okay But the A1 / A-50 crosses at Apeldoorn and before Kampen the A-50 is joining the A-28 (End A-50 is ended and is going further as N-50 to Kampen (don't know how crossing is called there))

And i reworked a picture from 1 of You guys, maybe You can do something with it,

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

17 Sep 2013 12:55

You have no idea how little space we have to work with. Den Haag will probably not fit and we have to do some major re-arrangements to fit in cities like Arnhem. Also, your suggestions of adding cities like Apeldoorn or Roermond are a bit overkill. I mean, having cities in such close proximity of each other is not practical and they may come in conflict of each other.

In the end, I would consider the following cities for the Netherlands (cities marked in yellow already exist):
- Amsterdam
- Rotterdam
- Utrecht
- Eindhoven
- Arnhem/Nijmegen
- Groningen
- IJmuiden

For Belgium, I would consider:
- Brussels
- Antwerpen
- Liège
- Brugge/Gent
- Hasselt
- Charleroi

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2013 15:21

Promising list, would be cool to do at least some of these cities :D

Freddy Jimmink
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2013 16:28

Nico,

I wrote if it is possible, and no i have no idea how less space there is, that is why i am a simple skinner mate,

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

07 Nov 2013 22:35

i would like to see these cities this sounds kinda cool but in the beta map [before UK was added and u could see the border outline of Slovenia and Hungary] there was a city next to Brussels in Belgium. Is that city Aalst or Gent? Here is the picture:
Attachments
beta 2.jpg
beta 2.jpg (154.68 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

Myquandro

08 Nov 2013 20:13

I've been thinking about a map idea for The Netherlands and this is what i've come up with:
NL ProMods.jpg
NL ProMods.jpg (226.11 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
I want to give The Netherlands the feeling of a more crowded country. At this moment in the game it doesn't (enough) feel like there is a higher density population in The Netherlands compared to other countries.
I've included the following cities:
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Utrecht
Eindhoven
Nijmegen
Zwolle
Groningen
Enschede
IJmuiden (small city)
Hoek van Holland (small city)
Vlissingen (small city)
Tilburg (small city)
Leeuwarden (small city)
These small cities could be made as only one street with 1 or 2 company's, a few houses (scenic) and a fuel station, So no garages, dealers, etc.

I've also extended the map to Belgium, but I've focussed on The Netherlands because I live there and I know the country and especially the roads (As I'm a driver as a job (besides my study) which means I might drive up to several hundreds of km's per day all over the country (If you've got any questions about the dutch roads, feel free to ask)).

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2013 22:05

Nah I know the Dutch roads as well ;)

But what you are proposing is not possible. We have been busy on "adding" Utrecht but it takes up alot of space already... The scale is really far to smal for the netherlands.

Myquandro

09 Nov 2013 12:23

NL ProMods V2.jpg
NL ProMods V2.jpg (69.1 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
Maybe with this, you it looks more realistic (more towards the size of the game). But my main idea is to make The Netherlands feel more densely populated.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information