UK Improvements?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Drive Safely

10 Dec 2015 04:58

It looks like the UK Improvements are halted. But then again, "it will be ready when it is ready!"
It would be nice to at least see some yellow speed cameras in the UK. It would only take literally 2 minutes to mod that and make it happen.

Sidenote: "it will be ready when it is ready!" was actually the slogan for the v1.01 marketing of ProMods. Don't think it has been used in any marketing images since. :P

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

10 Dec 2015 06:41

Hehe, yep, all in good time ;) . A UK rebuild will require a range of new assets, models etc.. I've built Chelmsford using current assets, but the city does include one certain UK feature..... :) . You'll all have to wait for the release of 2.0 to find this and other 'Easter Eggs' :lol:
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Dec 2015 07:06

cashtime2013 wrote:I've built Chelmsford using current assets, but the city does include one certain UK feature..... :) .
Driving on the left :D
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

10 Dec 2015 10:06

Drive Safely wrote:It looks like the UK Improvements are halted.
Halted? Meh, it was never seriously started within this release cycle...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Superdavecan

10 Jan 2016 12:13

So, seeing all of the rebuilding projects going on, I'm now wondering... is it likely that a comprehensive UKRP will begin anytime soon? Originally it, along with an expansion into Ireland, had to be stopped due to plans by SCS to do some work in that area. I don't know if they're still planning something there (though I suspect they're more concerned with ATS right now)... but I really hope some serious work can start on the UK soon. Apart from a few small improvements by the ProMods team, and an expansion of Scotland by Platypus, the state of the map in the UK remains pretty terrible... desperately needs some work. I hate driving in the UK right now because the quality lags so far behind many other areas covered by ProMods.

On page 1 of this thread I have a whole laundry list of serious suggestions :lol: I think most of it could still serve as the basis for that project, when it begins ;)

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2016 12:54

Just read back on what you've suggested on page 1 and I agree completely! The only thing I would add is the a77 from Glasgow and the A75 from Gretna to Cairnryan serving a ferry connection to Belfast. I have suggested this in the past but its not popular due to the ferry simulator scenario everyone fears.

Superdavecan

10 Jan 2016 13:37

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a ferry connection from Cairnryan to Belfast... but yeah, if there were ferry connections from Belfast to both Cairnryan and Liverpool, that might cause a problem... perhaps if they made it so that from Liverpool you could only go to Dublin and not Belfast? Or to reduce the ferry simulator problem even further, make it so that Liverpool doesn't have a ferry terminal at all! So to get to Dublin you would have to go to Holyhead, and to get to Belfast you would have to go to Cairnryan. Problem solved, I think ;)

I just want to know when they're finally going to be able to start fixing the UK though! ;)

Besttrucker498

07 Jul 2017 20:29

Why don't you add more of East anglia for example add peterborough since peterborough is such an industrial city

EDIT:
Why not also add the A47, A16, A15 and A1139 in East anglia on 2.21
Last edited by adgjl on 08 Jul 2017 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit your posts instead of double posting
ETS2:

C.G Transport Ltd
Trowse, Norwich
Renault T520 High Sport Racing Edition UK #1
T520 BST

jspence73

07 Jul 2017 20:36

Isnt that going to be alot for them to do it all cause After all they cant fit Everything into the uk *Pronounce me if I'm wrong but Sorry anyways* :D

EDIT:
Drive Safely wrote:
10 Dec 2015 04:58
It looks like the UK Improvements are halted. But then again, "it will be ready when it is ready!"
It would be nice to at least see some yellow speed cameras in the UK. It would only take literally 2 minutes to mod that and make it happen.

Sidenote: "it will be ready when it is ready!" was actually the slogan for the v1.01 marketing of ProMods. Don't think it has been used in any marketing images since. :P
I agree on that one as well cause In the game Its not very real like the ones IRL and the Construction sign speed limits in the Uk to can be redone as well that would be a nice thing :P
Last edited by adgjl on 08 Jul 2017 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please edit your posts instead of double posting
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

asthenia

28 Aug 2017 19:46

Besttrucker498 wrote:
07 Jul 2017 20:29
Why don't you add more of East anglia for example add peterborough since peterborough is such an industrial city

EDIT:
Why not also add the A47, A16, A15 and A1139 in East anglia on 2.21
Hear, hear. I live in Peterborough, right around the corner from Woodston industry and I drive by Southgate industry regularly; Peterborough is sorely missing from ETS2.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information