UK Improvements?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

05 Feb 2015 19:26

True, but I'd like to see features that at least distinguish the UK from the rest of Europe!

Superdavecan

05 Feb 2015 21:06

Andy_GTI wrote:
It's just a shame it's been placed on the M2/M25 interchange as iirc there isn't one there irl.
That is quite true, the M25 does not intersect with the M2 in real life. However, it DOES have that kind of intersection with the A2, which becomes the M2 a bit further east. Simply re-sign that bit as the A2 and move the transition to the M2 further east; problem solved. ;) I'd actually just let it go though... remember, the M25 is not the M25 for the entire loop... north of that particular interchange and through the Dartford Crossing and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge, it is actually the A282.

Honestly though, as we've discussed in this thread, there are much more pressing problems than that! The interchange is great and I hope to see many more of them in the future! Would be awesome if a prefab could be made out of it, then it would take way less time to place them :)

Glowstrontium

06 Feb 2015 01:11

Well in real life, most of the interchanges are much larger than the ones in-game, but there simply isn't room to model them full size.

The M25/A2 junction had a new flyover built a few years ago giving free flow access from A2/A282, and last year the toll booths at the crossing were converted to ANPR auto tolls (work is still ongoing there to remove the toll plaza).

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

06 Feb 2015 09:09

Superdavecan wrote:
Andy_GTI wrote:
It's just a shame it's been placed on the M2/M25 interchange as iirc there isn't one there irl.
That is quite true, the M25 does not intersect with the M2 in real life. However, it DOES have that kind of intersection with the A2, which becomes the M2 a bit further east. Simply re-sign that bit as the A2 and move the transition to the M2 further east; problem solved. ;) I'd actually just let it go though... remember, the M25 is not the M25 for the entire loop... north of that particular interchange and through the Dartford Crossing and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge, it is actually the A282.

Honestly though, as we've discussed in this thread, there are much more pressing problems than that! The interchange is great and I hope to see many more of them in the future! Would be awesome if a prefab could be made out of it, then it would take way less time to place them :)
Very true!

Dannyboy1424
Donation rank:

07 Feb 2015 16:37

One improvement that is really needed is to add the A3 (M) into the game. Currently in game to go from Portsmouth to London, you have to go along the A27/M27 to Southampton and onto the M3 to London which is really unrealistic.
In real life you go along the A27 in the opposite direction (towards Dover) and then you take the A3 just before Havant.

This is just my opinion.

Glowstrontium

07 Feb 2015 21:33

Well in real life the A20 doesn't connect with the A23 whatsoever - it connects to the M20 which runs parrellel with the A2 and joins up with the M25 (there is no decent high-quality route along that part of the South coast). A fun fact is what is now the M26 was originally built to be the M25 - A new river crossing was planned further East, but the idea was scrapped, and it was decided to divert the M25 via Dartford. This is why the infamous Chevening interchange (junction 5) which joins the M25/M26/A21 requires you to turn off to stay on the Mainline whilst traveling in both directions of the M25.

Superdavecan

08 Feb 2015 10:52

Dannyboy1424 wrote:One improvement that is really needed is to add the A3 (M) into the game. Currently in game to go from Portsmouth to London, you have to go along the A27/M27 to Southampton and onto the M3 to London which is really unrealistic.
In real life you go along the A27 in the opposite direction (towards Dover) and then you take the A3 just before Havant.

This is just my opinion.
Have a look at my laundry list on page 1 :lol: One of my proposals was to build the M23/A23, and maybe Brighton could be built as a city. Even if it was built as a scenery city rather than one with jobs, it would make the access from London to the south coast much more realistic... I agree, to go between London and Portsmouth it's not realistic to go all the way to Southampton and then backtrack.

I had a look at your A3 (M) idea... but then I took a closer look at the map and given the scale in the game, the A3 (M) would be way too close to the M3. So on that basis I wouldn't support it... I remain more in favour of my M23/A23/Brighton idea.

Of course, it appears that we will have to wait for SCS to do what they're going to do in the UK and Ireland... god knows how long that will take :roll: That is one of the main reasons why nothing is being done in England at the moment, despite the fact that it's in desperate need of improvement! At the moment they have the ARP (Autobahn Rebuilding Project) for Germany... eventually we should have a UKRP! :D

Dannyboy1424
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2015 17:20

Superdavecan wrote:
Dannyboy1424 wrote:One improvement that is really needed is to add the A3 (M) into the game. Currently in game to go from Portsmouth to London, you have to go along the A27/M27 to Southampton and onto the M3 to London which is really unrealistic.

This is just my opinion.
Have a look at my laundry list on page 1 :lol: One of my proposals was to build the M23/A23, and maybe Brighton could be built as a city. Even if it was built as a scenery city rather than one with jobs, it would make the access from London to the south coast much more realistic... I agree, to go between London and Portsmouth it's not realistic to go all the way to Southampton and then backtrack.

I had a look at your A3 (M) idea... but then I took a closer look at the map and given the scale in the game, the A3 (M) would be way too close to the M3. So on that basis I wouldn't support it... I remain more in favour of my M23/A23/Brighton idea.

Of course, it appears that we will have to wait for SCS to do what they're going to do in the UK and Ireland... god knows how long that will take :roll: That is one of the main reasons why nothing is being done in England at the moment, despite the fact that it's in desperate need of improvement! At the moment they have the ARP (Autobahn Rebuilding Project) for Germany... eventually we should have a UKRP! :D
I understand what you mean but surely you would have the same problem with adding Brighton as on the map it would be so close to both Portsmouth and dover.

Superdavecan

25 Oct 2015 12:07

I thought about this one again, when I saw a topic about the United Kingdom and posted to it... I remembered how I had a complete laundry list of things that should be improved! :lol: Well, bringing it up again... my laundry list from page 1 and the subsequent discussion. Don't know if SCS is actually intending to do anything in the UK and Ireland anymore... actually I quite wish that they weren't, then ProMods would be able to look at the British Isles properly and do a good job with it.

adgjl
Donation rank:

25 Oct 2015 16:34

Whether SCS do anything or not I doubt such a large project as a 'UKRP' would be started until the ARP and BRP are complete. So not for a while.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information