DLC - Going East! A few words

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
M.G.M.

07 Oct 2013 23:07

I am not sure if this topic will be interesting or not but I have something to say about the new DLC. I know for real that the DLC makes a HUGE impact on the savegame and it will no longer be usable without it. The reason I'm saying this is that I am little worried about the future of PROMODS - SCS DLC 'partnership'. As ProMods developers work on a big European area in terms of mapping and they are going to cover most of Europe as well, I start to think that at some point in the future we will have to make a hard choice - whether to get the knew SCS DLC or stick to ProMods. Now, to be completely honest I'd go for ProMods simply because I like them better than the default SCS team. But my point was - if you buy a DLC you CANNOT take it's data out of the savegame - it says 'Missing DLC detected. It is impossible to continue'... or somting similar. I realy want to know what is going to happen when expansion pack conflicts with ProMods pack? What is the solution apart from making a decision who do we have to be loyal to?
Just be aware of that fact before you do your naxt step forward, will you.
Last edited by M.G.M. on 12 Sep 2014 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2013 00:41

There is a relatively simple way to have two separate installs of ETS2; one with the DLC installed, and another without the DLC, using the -homedir parameter. See this post at the official SCS forums for details:

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 681#p89681

This will even allow you to keep your Profiles entirely separate.

Alternatively you can simply add the -no_dlc eut2_east parameter an alternate copy of your Desktop shortcut. This will launch ETS2 without the DLC activated for that session. In this case I'd suggest using the -homedir parameter to keep two separate sets of Profiles.

For details, see: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=81794#p81794
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Voidheartd

08 Oct 2013 10:55

I'd assume that if SCS were to release an area that's already in Promods (which I doubt they'd do as it would be more productive to do another area), that Promods would then work to remove their version of that location eventually, thus allowing them to coexist again. I'd also gather that there would possibly be enough warning of such a conflict long beforehand (from previews of the conflicting DLC).

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2013 12:17

If SCS will ever get that stupid to release a northern DLC, we won't move our parts away.

Why in the name of all that's holy would anyone want to pay €10 for a DLC (from SCS, which often contains the same boring roads) when there is a free map available??
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

LOK330

08 Oct 2013 12:38

Nico wrote:If SCS will ever get that stupid to release a northern DLC, we won't move our parts away.

Why in the name of all that's holy would anyone want to pay €10 for a DLC (from SCS, which often contains the same boring roads) when there is a free map available??
If SCS software release northen dlc...I suggest SCS improve promod team map of the city quality and construction...example ; build landmark building ,church ,tower in city ...that will be looks very perfect map

Moh1336

08 Oct 2013 16:19

Nico wrote:If SCS will ever get that stupid to release a northern DLC, we won't move our parts away.

That's the same reason pirates argue for piracy. Why pay X when you can get it free?

And I will give the same answer: To support their work so that they will continue on, I'm sure you're aware that they nearly closed up shop once and without SCS where would promods be?

While I do agree that I would prefer to use Pmaps for the most part (though I hate that part of Sweden is being taken up by the silly test track thing) if we don't support the company behind the product we all lose.

M.G.M.

08 Oct 2013 21:25

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:There is a relatively simple way to have two separate installs of ETS2; one with the DLC installed, and another without the DLC, using the -homedir parameter. See this post at the official SCS forums for details:

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 681#p89681

This will even allow you to keep your Profiles entirely separate.

Alternatively you can simply add the -no_dlc eut2_east parameter an alternate copy of your Desktop shortcut. This will launch ETS2 without the DLC activated for that session. In this case I'd suggest using the -homedir parameter to keep two separate sets of Profiles.

For details, see: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=81794#p81794
I just checked the links given and I want to thank you for this post. It is realy handy info and I am going to apply the method of -homedir paramether soon.

Thanks for your post and BG greetings: Martin
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

Voidheartd

13 Oct 2013 09:37

Obviously they wouldn't go for a northern DLC (if they're as smart as they seem), but surely at some point there's likely to end up being some conflicting locations in other areas of the map with later DLC, especially with all the countries being added to Promods in the future.

busterbrown

13 Oct 2013 20:10

Among many others I paid $12.95 USD to SCS for DLC 1.5.2 and I do believe I was ripped off. Don't get me wrong as I like most of SCS work but they could have paid a little more attention as I'm very sure they knew the Pro Mods were there to be had.

Next time SCS has a DLC they will not get my money until I see good results. very good results!
Win7 16 GB Memory. Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality. Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System. EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card. Corsair 750 watt Power supply. AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information