A couple of suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Mysil
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 20:16

First of all, amazing work so far. The map looks amazing, and as far as I've understood, the best bits haven't been shown yet :)

I have two suggestions IF you decide to expand the map to Trondheim. I reccon you are well aware of Norways large oil business.
There is a lot of truck traffic a long the west coast of Norway, specifically between the Fjord Bases. These are located in Stavanger, Bergen, Florø and Kristiansund. And with a lot, I really mean A LOT of traffic. I would estimate that almost 75% of the truck traffic in this region is oil related. Even at nighttime you meet 5 - 10 large trucks, carrying containers, pipes and other equipment, at ferries in the middle of nowhere. I've been driving express routes for a local company for the last two years, so I kinda know what I'm talking about :)

So my two suggestions are to make the cities of Florø and Kristiansund (despite not having that many inhabitants), and to an extent try to make the Fjord Bases.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 21:15

Hmm first of all we can't influence any traffic ingame. Also influencing cargo spawning is very hard. I don't really see anything extra in adding oil companies. We haven't added any irl companies (apart from Scania and Volvo but hey, Trucksim game....). Tr.heim is something I am definitely thinking about and maybe make a offshore oil plant or something but creating oil companies and an island is not really the thing I was thinking of.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Mysil
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2013 21:31

Thanks for the reply :)

What I was trying to point out with my post, is that there is almost no traffic from Bergen and Stavanger to Trondheim, but there is massive traffic to Florø and Kristiansund, what goods you haul isn't that important. So I wasn't trying to get any companies added or inflence the traffic flow, there are other mods for that :) Since there are no trains on the west coast, almost all of the goods are hauled by trucks, while there are trains between Oslo and Trondheim and therefore a big part of the goods are hauled by rail. I'm just trying to point out how the truck traffic is in the southern part of Norway :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2013 11:03

Aha yeah still not really possible to influence for us...

Mysil
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2013 12:02

Nico wrote:Aha yeah still not really possible to influence for us...
I've probably explained myself badly here. What I'm saying is: IF you are adding Trondheim to the mod, you might as well add Florø and Kristiansund, as there are more trucks hauling goods to those cities than to Trondheim.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2013 12:10

Aah that is what you mean. Well maybe we make it like Geilo or Odda. Small town with 1-2 companies. Just for delivering.

Mysil
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2013 12:12

Nico wrote:Aah that is what you mean. Well maybe we make it like Geilo or Odda. Small town with 1-2 companies. Just for delivering.
Sounds terrific :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information