Other Countries??

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
saldas
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2013 20:02

Wow. Really impressive. Good job M.G.M. I guess you know what you talking about. And I totally agree with you M.G.M. "I STICK TO PROMODS" too. I love the quality of Scandinavian map. And most of all I love these big motorway intersections Promods included in their map. The ones we have in SCS map is just boring, not realistic at all. So thanks once again Promods, you are at least 10 steps ahead of SCS. Dont know what SCS guys thinking about your job, but I think they should be really worried. You doing a lot better job in a lot less time for free. And I promise, I will donate a bit for Xmas, and every time we will get an update with new map or the current map improvement. And if it'll happen in life that I will meet you personally (who knows, the world isnt that big these days) I would love to shake you hand and buy you few pints of beer, or chocolate or what ever you consuming. :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2013 22:04

saldas wrote: And if it'll happen in life that I will meet you personally (who knows, the world isnt that big these days) I would love to shake you hand and buy you few pints of beer, or chocolate or what ever you consuming. :)
Pint of beer for me please!! :D
We, as a team, haven't met each other in real life yet so let's see what the future will give :D
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

BULIGO

24 Nov 2013 15:35

M.G.M. wrote:This is the evidence.
You, sir, have way too much free time on your hands!! :lol:

Good job, I just turned the second 'milestone', I am at 200.000+KM :mrgreen: For me it's going at a slower rate because I also enjoy Farming Simulator 2013, so can't commit all my available free time on one game.
Thanks for your answers. I am still exploring (slowly!) Scandinavia and DLC, just by taking jobs to and from the new area, want to make it last a bit longer (till fully discovered). And am amazed by the details and quality. Before installing Skandi, I played several map-mods. And yes, I had fun. The boredom of driving on old same roads all the time was the reason I quitted ETS2 back then. Heck, at the time all the map 'expansions' were mere addons of one or two mountain roads (poorly executed too), but that was all. Then I read about TSM and (later) Scandinavia. TSM was the first for me, because it offered the North Africa part, a big 'exotic' new area. Until then, the term 'exotic' I used when I was talking about...Great Britain :lol:
I had my share of fun, the sheer hugeness of the map. That period is now complete, and now I am looking for quality. I am happy with the new Skandi+DLC+SCS setup :P
I still believe everyone should try both maps (TSM and Skandi), if nothing, just to see how different they are. I drove 100000 on SCS+TSM. That time will always be in my memories, but I am not going back. ProMods is slowly spoiling me, and I like the feeling ;)

soybetico

01 Dec 2013 14:48

Would it be possible to include southern Italy, Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, the Balearic Islands, San Marino, Vatican City, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Monaco, Andorra, Malta, Croatia, Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and part of Russia?

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

01 Dec 2013 15:18

well Russia is already added for the Euromir map mod. Italy? maybe. Slovakia and Hungary is already added [if u have Going East DLC]. Belarus has no demand for a truck game. Moldova, Monaco, Andorra, Malta, Croatia, Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albana, Greece, Turkey, and Cyprus either have little demand or that Nico and his team has no interest.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2013 18:01

I cannot agree that there is little demand for any country, because there are many people who would LOVE to see the whole continent covered. It is not a matter of being fond of any particular country, but just of wanting the game to be complete. This is why I mentioned that after adding France, Spain, Ireland and the Baltics, I hope that Promods will proceed to Iately, Austria, and finally the Balkan states with Greece, as this would be the ONLY region of Europe left out and, unless SCS releases it in the next DLCs, it would be a shame. Personally I find it the worst thing in the whole game that I come across these yellow, shiny barriers all the time... Not as much now, because the territory is really huge, but, as I told, it is not a matter of size, but if completeness. I am willing to wait for it and also to pay a decent price for a decent job, but I would like to see a map of the whole continent one day. And I am sure I am not the only one. Am I?

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2013 19:53

RoadRageDude wrote:. Belarus has no demand for a truck game.
How do you know? You don't live there :P. Anyway, even if this is the case then I'm sure even the capital city Minsk will be included, once the team get through all the most demanded countries first. I for one would like to drive a truck there because no doubt it would be different enough from Russia to be fun.
RoadRageDude wrote:Moldova, Monaco, Andorra, Malta, Croatia, Romania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albana, Greece, Turkey, and Cyprus either have little demand or that Nico and his team has no interest.
Again I cannot agree; Monaco is already (probably) being included... As is Andorra. I don't believe there is little demand for any country, as, like SzcezepanKolaczek has said, many people (including the team themselves, and me) would love to see the whole continent done. After all, it is Euro TS. The only possible name on that list that may get left out is Turkey, as technically most of it is in Asia east of Istanbul. I can imagine Greece has high demand (there seem to be enough modders making Greek themed mods on ets2.lt), and if the team decide to make it I would imagine that update would include Croatia/ Bosnia/ Serbia/ Montenegro because they are the route to Greece. Romania might not even be necessary if the Romanian mod map works with Promods, but I doubt this because 1. It probably doesn't, and 2. It may be rubbish.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2013 19:57

Because Nico told me that Belarus has no demand for a trucking game. Even though it would be nice to go there in ETS2.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2013 20:02

True I did say that. The same counts for SCS. The started with going east because there is a high demand in those countries.

When modding you don't have to make any profit, so you don't need to look at demand. But still it will take years and years to cover the whole of europe...

After a while you can get bored in the same project. When ATS gets released I'm thinking of moving towards that game, but for now I will keep with the ProMods projects.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

M.G.M.

08 Dec 2013 21:59

Maybe I missread but does it mean that ProMods projects will stop then? And what if you guys haven't finished your current projects by the time when ATS is out and running?

BG Regards: Martin
Last edited by M.G.M. on 09 Dec 2013 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Two things about ETS2 I hate - you can never hit F10 or the brakes fast enough.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information