Information about ProMods countries

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

05 Sep 2015 15:23

The United Kingdom may have three countries and a province within it, technically speaking, the UK is a federation with four states, all under the rule of the same central Parliament and the same monarch. The relation between England and Scotland from a technical standpoint is more alike the relation between Wallonia and Flanders (two vastly different federal states, both within Belgium) than between Belgium and the Netherlands...

And what's the capital of the federation that we call the United Kingdom? Exactly: London. Every other country recognises it at the capital of the United Kingdom. Even the Scottish(!) Wikipedia article about the United Kingdom agrees that London is its capital city.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2015 15:51

ScottishNinja wrote:Actually my passport states I'm Scottish.
Look at the front cover of your passport. It will say "united kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland" not Scotland.
Scotland is a great country but what your saying is like saying your from Texas but not from the USA
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2015 14:53

and some people do actually claim that, or so I hear :D

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2015 16:24

I literally cannot wait for 2.0 to be released, I'm really exited to see the Baltic nations in all there epicness. But first I will need to get my desktop PC back into the world of the living, having to play 1.17 on a laptop....which is rather laggy.
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

smith121363
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2015 17:23

but what your saying is like saying your from Texas but not from the USA
Texas is in a temporary partnership with the USA. As long as it is convenient for us, this partnership will continue. But we do reserve the right to leave the USA at our choosing. :mrgreen:

Pumpernikiel

03 Oct 2015 08:02

penguinaz wrote:Look at the front cover of your passport. It will say "united kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland" not Scotland. Scotland is a great country but what your saying is like saying your from Texas but not from the USA
Scotland = country,
United Kingdom = kingdom/state
Great Britain = island

09_KZ
Third Party Developer

10 Dec 2015 13:52

DeusHorizon wrote: Russia did a lot of problems for Ukrainians - before and now
This tells us a resident of Lithuania, funny! I, as a citizen of Kazakhstan can assert the opposite. Why would affect the political interests of other countries?

But in general, thanks for the info.

Rocar 512E

16 Dec 2015 00:07

I want to correct a information on Romania: It' industry is mostly in agony, but it's economy is starting to grow slowly and steady.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2015 19:50

MandelSoft wrote:And what's the capital of the federation that we call the United Kingdom? Exactly: London. Every other country recognises it at the capital of the United Kingdom. Even the Scottish(!) Wikipedia article about the United Kingdom agrees that London is its capital city.
I've never heard anyone from within the four nations dispute the capital city of the UK.

Drive Safely

22 Dec 2015 05:33

ProMods planning only small area of Russia , because country is HUGE. Planned cities in Russia is Vyborg, Kaliningrad , Pskov and St. Petersburg - Only 4 cities in total, maybe one time ProMods will make European part of Russia. No news about Russia yet.
I believe ProMods is co-operating with RusMap so they're not making St. Petersburg since RusMap provides that

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information