Monte Carlo

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Skytech14

08 Jun 2015 21:31

As title says ,is there any chance of putting Marseille and Monte Carlo in map?

just asking... :)

Horizon™
Developer

08 Jun 2015 21:52

That French city is planned, but Monaco - we don't know if it will fit between all of that road system. (MONTE Carlo is Monaco and it is a name of the mountain if I'm correct.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

MistahDave
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 02:53

I am pretty sure ScuL expressed interest in including it, but it's a bit of a fierce debate. A lot of people swear that because trucks over 7.5 tonne aren't allowed into Monaco, then we shouldn't include it in Promods. However, it would be a very very fun challenge if it was included, it would set promods apart from any other map mod (if it isn't already) and also now that SCS is going to include rigid vehicles (7.5 tonne) in an update soon, then it negates any negative argument about trucks not being allowed into Monaco. And this is still a game. Trucks don't ship to Iceland in real life, but they do in promods, so why can't trucks enter Monaco if it was made.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 05:57

I hope the team will keep to the argument they once gave, including every European country into the game.
But I think that Monaco will just be a scenery city/country. Just as San Marino, Vatican City and Gibraltar. They're just to small
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

LoaderSaints

09 Jun 2015 08:48

MistahDave wrote:However, it would be a very very fun challenge if it was included, it would set promods apart from any other map mod (if it isn't already) and also now that SCS is going to include rigid vehicles (7.5 tonne) in an update soon, then it negates any negative argument about trucks not being allowed into Monaco.
I think that the rigid trucks that SCS is going to implement are a bit heavier than just 7.5 tonnes. If I understood SCS's earlier post about rigid trucks right, we will need to haul a tandem trailer if we take a job with a rigid. And I am kinda wishing they'd include the ability to pull a dolly so you could haul semi-trailers with a rigid just like we do here in Finland. ;)

MistahDave
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 20:24

Volleybal4life wrote:I hope the team will keep to the argument they once gave, including every European country into the game.
But I think that Monaco will just be a scenery city/country. Just as San Marino, Vatican City and Gibraltar. They're just to small
I hope so too, buuut I would be very much in favour of sacrificing Nice for Monaco. The Vatican is not really a topic of conversation, just stick a church model somewhere in the distance of Rome and you've got your Vatican. I wouldn't expect that since well, you can walk the circumference in like 25 mins.

But Lichtenstein was added as a tiny ass city, i'm hoping the same could happen with Gibraltar, San Marino and Monaco. I know it's a tight squeeze but if they were represented as just small cities with one or two companies and a Garage then it would be pretty amazing. I guess I can only dream for now!
LoaderSaints wrote: I think that the rigid trucks that SCS is going to implement are a bit heavier than just 7.5 tonnes. If I understood SCS's earlier post about rigid trucks right, we will need to haul a tandem trailer if we take a job with a rigid. And I am kinda wishing they'd include the ability to pull a dolly so you could haul semi-trailers with a rigid just like we do here in Finland. ;)
Oh.... I was thinking it wouldn't be trailed based at all and it was literally just your vehicle. Well there are transit van mods and we can pretend.

On a side note I do hope SCS add the ability to haul a rigid vehicle with out a trailer. Would add an interesting new dynamic to the game.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2015 21:08

I agree with that last point, they're more common than tandem in the UK at least although I'd like the ability to be able to haul rigid load, tandem, double pivot, everything across Europe basically ;).

MistahDave
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 04:13

I think it would open up a need for more urban based maps like Hungary map and such. This is a topic for the SCS forums really.

Back to Monaco!

Quaristice

10 Jun 2015 05:51

Another issue with Monaco is that it's extremely close to Nice considering the ETS2 scale (~10km)

MistahDave
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2015 09:42

Grrrrr this is why I say we should sacrafice Nice for Monaco.

I think they're just too close to take artistic liberty and move them apart so be gone with Nice. Unless they both fit. That would be awesome but I doubt that.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information