Time zones?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Superdavecan

19 Nov 2013 21:11

Hey guys. This is probably more for SCS than it is for ProMods, but I just wondered if you ever experimented with the idea of different time zones? After all, Europe is not all on the same time zone, as it is in the map. Most of the map is normally in the +1 time zone, but it would be even more realistic if the UK (and Ireland and Portugal, when completed) would be in the 0 time zone, and Finland and the Baltics in the +2 time zone. Then when you changed time zones you would lose an hour in the game when going east, or gain one when going west. I wonder if there's a way to make that work in the game? Maybe there isn't, but I just wondered if you ever thought about that.

I know that with the upcoming American Truck Simulator, this would be a really cool thing for SCS to include... North America is definitely not all on the same time. Anyway just curious :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

19 Nov 2013 22:02

Sadly it's not possible...

But it would be cool though to add it in ATS. I remember from my trip to the USA in may that I had a 1,5 hour flight from Atlanta to Dallas. I was all happy that it was just 1,5 hours since my previous flight was 8,5.... turned out that the flight took 2,5 hours because of the time zones... Would be cool to calculate it in your delivery ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Superdavecan

20 Nov 2013 22:58

Yeah I didn't think it was possible in ETS2. Still, at least we've covered that part now, in case anyone else asks! ;)

I remember when I used to play some of the older SCS games (PTTM, Haulin' and ALH), in Haulin' you were able to choose how many hours you wanted to rest. Normally I chose 8, but if I changed a time zone going east I rested for 9 hours to simulate losing an hour, and if I changed a time zone going west I only rested for 7, for the opposite effect. Simple and primitive solution to not have the whole continent on the same time zone!

Hmm, that gives me an idea on how the functionality of being able to choose how many hours you want to rest would be useful in ETS2... it would make ferry sailing times much more realistic! As it is, you simply board the ferry and it sails immediately after you choose your destination, no matter what ridiculous hour you get there. It would be cool if the ferries only went at specific times, and it was possible to rest for only 2 or 3 hours, simply while you waited for the ferry. But yeah, I guess ETS2 doesn't have that functionality either...

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2013 16:39

thats a good idea cause it would add more realism but at the same time it may annoy us

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information