United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Neppolomon

06 Feb 2016 15:09

Awesome stuff! Btw how would you become a tester, because I would love to test any new designs you guys come up with!

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Feb 2016 15:57

By contributing to this community for some time and being productive. ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MickeyMouse

10 Feb 2016 02:06

I hope this happens. The UK is certainly not as bland as the original SCS map, and it sucks seeing as I immigrated from there and know what it's like

Horizon™
Developer

10 Feb 2016 09:00

All of the England is wrong :D Most of the England have plains like in the Northern Germany, or Baltic States., so... I understand your feelings about it :P
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

12 Feb 2016 09:34

I miss Ireland... I would like to drive their roads - and actually the only garage in UK that I have is London... - and all cars have the steer in right side for that garage... (it's quite interesting to sit in opposite side.. also it's a bit hard (at least for me))
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2016 14:13

A while ago I made this rather packed-looking UK Concept Map, which points out a few cities I'd like to see included. I wonder what the general consensus on this is from the people of Britain?

Concept Map
DeusHorizon wrote:...And we also want to give some love to these British Isles - Ireland and Britain.
Although it doesn't offend me personally, please avoid referring to Britain and Ireland collectively as 'The British Isles', it's like calling the USA 'British America' ;).

ETS2-User
Developer

13 Feb 2016 15:16

With the only difference that "The british isles" is geographically correct. :P
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Neppolomon

13 Feb 2016 16:53

Well Kuba, Penquinaz has done Northern Island and is working on London. I am half collaborating with him on the UK. All the cities there are added, but there will be a few more also. I must say I picked the map editor pretty quickly :)

adgjl
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2016 18:41

KubaJAM wrote:I wonder what the general consensus on this is from the people of Britain?
I don't disagree with any of the additions but there are a few things I miss:
  • Brighton, along with the A23/M23 north to London. Only problem is there might not be space for an M25 connection with the A3 between the M3 and M23, and I'd like to see the the A3 expanded north from Portsmouth too.
  • Wolverhampton, to be added as an extension to Birmingham when that gets rebuilt. That would help show how large that built up area is.
  • Nottingham, since it's the 9th largest Urban area in the UK
This is by no means exhaustive, just a few ideas I have.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

h91`

13 Feb 2016 21:04

I think it might also make sense to complete the A1 as well. There seems to be a break as it hits the M18, skips a huge bit between Doncaster and South Yorkshire, and doesn't reappear until the M1, causing you to have to go a bit off route to get up there. I would love to see it add some more country A roads as well since not everywhere is accessible by motorway so easily, even some distribution parks have cropped up in areas not next to it, though space constraints might limit them somewhat. I find the UK's scenary, and parts of Europe for that matter to be bland and devoid of rural villages and towns that would pose some obstacles and variety to the maps.

That said I would love to do a Woodhead pass drive or a coastal run from Hull down the A165.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information