United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Neppolomon

13 Feb 2016 21:38

I will definitely build A1 in the midlands. I will also look into A165 as well!

Any other ideas?

adgjl
Donation rank:

13 Feb 2016 23:13

A34 from Winchester to Birmingham. Important route north from the south coast to the Midlands.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Neppolomon

14 Feb 2016 16:43

Thats in, not sure if Winchester will be in the game, cus of Basingstoke, but I will think about it.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2016 02:54

BTW leave the interchange between A1 and M25 to me
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

srotideuk
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2016 05:19

I've dreamed about a decent UK mod since UKTS and to see that concept map actually got me quite excited for potential.

Some form of Dartford Crossing (which isn't technically part of the M25 and maybe the M6 toll? Toll roads are annoying to many but last time I travelled on it, it had actual toll booths like the ones already in ETS2, unlike the Dartford Crossing where they were recently removed. Other things like a red C on the roads for congestion charges in central London (which I would assume it would be like adding slow to the road surface?) and in rural A roaded areas, a humble little chef. An Iconic symbol of British road travel, usually attached to a BP garage and hotel if I recall. Apart from driving on the left, these little pieces of nostalgia can bring the land to life without mass rebuilding. Maybe a coastal British area, Scarborough to Hull on its coastal roads would be a lovely opportunity. Then there's Leeds. I live in Leeds and it is definetly missed on ETS2. Its very urban with its road structure, the merges, the ring roads and many a real life truck dealer. If I had more time I would love to learn but its very nice to see bits of progress. Those new junctions and the cats eyes really helped :) Though the Ikea actually on the motorway through me a bit...Edmonton, Milton Keynes or Wembley? Looking forward to any Welsh, Cornish, Irish, Scottish and any other Crown Dependency work that maybe involved as well.

Loving the progress and after looking more in depth at ARP know it'll be worth the time it takes.
Beta tester DB Creåtion traffic mod

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2016 19:17

The UK needs so much love but for me the most needed improvement is to join the M62 to the A63 towards Hull. Probably an easy fix for you guys although I wouldn't know where to start!

onionbarje

15 Feb 2016 22:52

Everywhere in the UK needs a bit of love but personally I hope the Midlands gets some attention. Birmingham is a bit of a mess, as it has no M42 and therefore no ring road. Also if you add in the M42, maybe add in Coventry if there is enough space. If you do feel up to it maybe include the Spaghetti Junction on the M6, but i do understand if it is a bit too much, horrible piece of road to drive on irl, so must be even worse to recreate.

The M5 intersection with the M6, hopefully gets some attention and there are no junctions directly off from the M5 into Birmingham, which is strange as in real life there are 3 if i remember correctly.

Going south the M50 off the M5, which goes into Wales, is missing, although i don't know if that is represented as a country road in game. As there is a bit of space maybe you could include one of Gloucester or Cheltenham (J11 in real life) and from those cities you could have a country road going into Swindon/Oxford/M4.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information