United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
polacco15
Donation rank:

23 May 2015 23:52

Hey guys, do you know anything about the areas of United Kingdom? I heard that from version 1.70 there will be more signs and roundabouts. But in the long term, do you want to add more cities? Apparently you dropped Ireland because SCS is creating something.
Greetings :)

martinusK

24 May 2015 00:08

Development in the general British area is halted due to SCS plans. But yes, the team had planned a rebuild of some extent. For instance, take the addition of Hull, Scotland and the improvements in southern England ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

polacco15
Donation rank:

24 May 2015 10:29

Martinus thanks ! :)

Kimril
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2015 12:10

Will there be a UK rebuilding in the future as part of the mod? I know northern Scotland is in and it's nice, but the UK in ETS2 is by far the worst recreation in the game, I don't think SCS even bothered checking google maps let alone trying to accurately recreate the UK, the motorways junctions are not nothing like, there are fields of bloody sunflowers everywhere and all sorts of rubbish that's just been copy and pasted from the rest of Europe.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2015 12:27

Well yes, the UK part of the map is now probably the oldest, and is virtually unchanged since the days of UK Truck Simulator :( .

But plans are in hand for a UK rebuild, so it will be done one day, ProMods style of course ;) .
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

ScuL
Founder

04 Sep 2015 12:55

It's a big oversight, it's one of the oldest parts of the map. We're completing Germany first as it is the most common country to drive through when going across Europe, but the UK is definitely high on the wishlist.

Also, to do the UK properly we need a whole bunch of new assets which we previously didn't have (or were hard to make). Now we have access to those such as cat's eyes, different road markings, etc.
This will be of great benefit when rebuilding the UK.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

orestescm76
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2015 13:08

besides, SCS is "working" on UK

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2015 14:49

If you're considering a true 'rebuild' of the UK, I wonder if its worth rebuilding it in the same scale as the rest of the map? I know that means less space to fit things in, but its definitely noticeable when you cross back to the UK, how much longer it takes to do the same distance as the rest of the map.

Kimril
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2015 16:12

ScuL wrote:It's a big oversight, it's one of the oldest parts of the map. We're completing Germany first as it is the most common country to drive through when going across Europe, but the UK is definitely high on the wishlist.

Also, to do the UK properly we need a whole bunch of new assets which we previously didn't have (or were hard to make). Now we have access to those such as cat's eyes, different road markings, etc.
This will be of great benefit when rebuilding the UK.
Great to hear, makes sense having Germany done first too! I'm not pressuring you or telling you to hurry up though was just wondering if it is planned.
orestescm76 wrote:besides, SCS is "working" on UK
Oh? An expansion in the works? That'll take a few years then, ProMods will be onto South East Asia by then! :p

ETS2-User
Developer

04 Sep 2015 16:33

Well, SCS has been having plans for the UK for years now. Iirc I heard something that they had scrapped them or at least completely restarted. There's a point when no one wants to wait any longer. :mrgreen:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information