Other distribution channels?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
kallejre

24 Dec 2015 15:00

Although looks like new Promods is just around the corner, I decided to update and play ETS2 over a long time. Currently, download consists on 5 downloads (3x200+131+0.2MB). Each link leads to adfly (yes, I know it helps you keep this site up), but sadly this means total of 50-60 sec delay of 10 sec advertising pauses in downloading, which is rather annoying.
My suggestion is to share Promods 2.0 with also torrents: it helps you to reduce server bandwich and makes user experience better, as there is no need to mess with sliced zip files and adfly.
One idea, but I'm not sure how to implement it, is to lock downloaded file until downloader has seeded mod for enough time or megabytes.

P.S: I'm afraid it's wrong subforum. Maybe you need to move it.

Almighty
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2015 15:08

There are 2 options to choose from, the free download with ads and a payed download without ads. So there is no need to add a third option I think.
Happy trucking!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

24 Dec 2015 15:35

Besides, torrents are easily hackable, and are known for lots of other problems.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Dec 2015 00:12

Volleybal4life wrote:lots of other problems.
The worst of which is that you have no version control. The last thing we want is old versions of ProMods floating around for the unknowing user to pick up and then come complain at us why his incompatible mod version doesn't work...

No, torrents make the distribution more chaotic and unhelpful for the developers...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ScuL
Founder

25 Dec 2015 09:15

This argument keeps popping up and the answer is that the current distribution methods work very well and there is no intention to change them :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2015 09:39

MandelSoft wrote:The worst of which is that you have no version control. The last thing we want is old versions of ProMods floating around for the unknowing user to pick up and then come complain at us why his incompatible mod version doesn't work...
But that can happen with ddl too.
And if i right now search for torrents of promods i get a lot of results with older versions of the mod in it.

SabR

25 Dec 2015 11:02

ScuL wrote:This argument keeps popping up and the answer is that the current distribution methods work very well and there is no intention to change them :)
You guys don't need to change it. Let it be the primary filehost for promods but please consider giving people with weak connections, mirror links with resume features upon request.
Image Image

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2015 19:18

SabR wrote:You guys don't need to change it. Let it be the primary filehost for promods but please consider giving people with weak connections, mirror links with resume features upon request.

The paid downloadlink probably already features some resume, at least i downloaded both packages at the same time and paused the dl of the bigger one directly and resumed it after the other finished.
But i do not know how long it can be paused.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information