SCS Blog

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
ETS2-User
Developer

19 Jan 2016 15:25

I mean that given the higher quality of ATS a single hobby-modder, who works on it let's say 2-3 hours a day, will be done levelling up a state to ProMods standard at the same time as SCS their full time team, who work 8 hours a day, make a new state including all assets and stuff. So the time spent into ATS modding should better be invested into rebuilding than into expanding.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

qeisoo

20 Jan 2016 15:58

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/real-wo ... tions.html
I'm not know, but it's interesing..

Rocar 512E

20 Jan 2016 17:06

Cable Car Hype!

modsland

21 Jan 2016 14:17

More pictures
ATS mods, ETS2 mods, FS15 mods, FS17 mods
You must to know:
These mods are not created by me. ATS mods and FS 17 site has indexed this mod, as Google does with websites. Credit and download link belong to the author. This posts helps moders to promote their work.

modsland

21 Jan 2016 14:24

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/01/real-wo ... tions.html
SCS Blog wrote: The virtual world of American Truck Simulator is necessarily depending on artistic license when depicting reality. The scale is much different; when a hundred-mile stretch of real road must be passed in a matter of a few minutes in our game, there is simply not enough room to cram all the real-world bends, intersections, and landmarks into it.

But we try hard to have many recognizable places and details into ATS, to make the world exploration more fun, to make the impression believable.

Here is a few comparison pictures (with real location photos courtesy of Google Maps, thank you for all the help Google!) of some places in the game that represent our approach. We do not want to overhype this aspect though, what you see are carefully selected highlights. The game can of course only manage to take real world inspirations from a tiny subset of all the available landmarks, we are understandably not covering all of Los Angeles or Las Vegas street by street.
Last edited by MandelSoft on 22 Jan 2016 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please, cite your sources if you completely copy-paste blog posts
ATS mods, ETS2 mods, FS15 mods, FS17 mods
You must to know:
These mods are not created by me. ATS mods and FS 17 site has indexed this mod, as Google does with websites. Credit and download link belong to the author. This posts helps moders to promote their work.

Harson

22 Jan 2016 23:38

Cant wait. I have already ordered my copy :)
American Truck Simulator mods, ATS mods - http://www.atsmodsland.com/

getrixx
Donation rank:

25 Jan 2016 17:33

Interesting Blog entry. Not the Renault (at least for me) but the background looks interesting. Is SCS working on a southern France DLC? :?
Meanwhile, we are still hard at work improving Euro Truck Simulator 2. As we are showing a ton of North American vehicles today, we did not want our European fans to feel betrayed. So we thought that a teaser image of a new truck being readied for introduction to ETS2 will cheer them up today.
[1.bp.blogspot.com]
Renault Range T spotted somewhere in south of France
http://steamcommunity.com/games/227300/ ... 7772367060

MYE2001

25 Jan 2016 17:50

getrixx wrote:Interesting Blog entry. Not the Renault (at least for me) but the background looks interesting. Is SCS working on a southern France DLC? :?
It would be strange to see southern France without the northern counterpart to be honest.And I think the picture isn't from too south like Mediterranean coast,because if they had mapped all the way to Marseille for example,they would have shown some pictures at least.

Photon_

25 Jan 2016 18:42

Looking at the scenery of the Renault image it looks like a glimpse of the France DLC Since the scenery looks different to the standard and scandinavia

Also would this mean progress will be halted in France and Spain

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

25 Jan 2016 20:59

I hope perpignan is made before halting work
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information