SCS Blog

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
bumbumek

28 Nov 2016 22:55

Nah, I'm not expecting miracles in this DLC. I highly doubt SCS can create anything more interesting than ProMods in Frankfurt (Train station) or Alianz Arena in Munich for example :)

Vøytek
Developer

28 Nov 2016 23:01

Well, if we connect ProMods with France DLC, you'll have to buy it right after it happens and I doubt it'll take us half a year ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

bumbumek

28 Nov 2016 23:06

We will see. But I assume it is not going to happen in the next months.

Anyway, I will buy this miserable DLC right after you guys release your ProMods with SCSs France. OR, I will wait for working RusMap version.

Punkii
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2016 23:11

SCS must rebuild the entire ETS2 map with this DLC quality
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

Shiva

28 Nov 2016 23:45

That would take some time.
I sort of prefer SCS + ProMods Combo.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ETS2-User
Developer

29 Nov 2016 00:02

Bumbumek you should change your attitude towards the creators of this game. On this forum we do not tolerate any bashing against SCS of that or of any kind.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

bumbumek

29 Nov 2016 00:51

I was against this DLC from the very beginning, because I was counting on Rep. of Ireland/Northern Ireland DLC, or at least France/Spain/Portugal expansion. But not single France. That's all ;)

@ETS2-User
You can do what you want with any user of this forum, but I'm not bashing anything or anyone. ETS2 is not evolving as it should be in my opinion, no major changes or improvements worth year almost 2017, and I'm not afraid to say that. Is this some kind of censorship, that it's forbidden to say something against mighty SCS? I'm not insulting anyone.

Vøytek
Developer

29 Nov 2016 02:30

Usually I'm the one who says bad things about everything I see but...

Stop it!

Find me another game (except Minecraft), that you paid 40PLN (~9EUR, yes) for and you get free updates for 4 years and you'll get even more in the future. Yes, there were some paid DLCs but each of them was another 40PLN (more or less, I mean it's just really cheap) and those were DLCs, nobody forced you to pay for them. So let's say that you already paid 120 (base+GE+North) throughout 4 years. Or let's say you'll buy France next week, so it's 160. So you paid 40PLN a year. Wow.
How many other games do you play for such long?

If you think SCS is doing nothing, maybe finally follow their changelogs for every patch and you'll see how many things happened in past 4 years and you can be sure that even more will happen. And you don't pay for it. They improve it for you for free. Pécs and Szeged were free. Graz, Klagenfurt and Venezia were free. Rebuilt Paris is free. Scania Streamline was free. Trailer coupling. New delivery system from ATS is here. World of Trucks website was developed. Improved DAF. Improved GPS (adding waypoints). Improved lighting and weather system, that was huge improvement in graphics quality. Sun position was improved to be in correct place, so when PM reached Svalbard, it's day all the time, just like it should be. New Mercedes-Benz truck. Mod Manager was added. Telemetry feature. Support for different color dashboard button back-light. New DAF truck. Liftable axles. Steam achievements. New Volvo truck. Sound improvements few times. AI improvements few times. New Iveco truck. Some additions to Poland (yes, there were some little rebuilds very early after release). And also many, many things that you don't see but improve performance or allow mod creators to make much more things and you can then enjoy those mods for free. They could've just release ETS3 in 2013 with barely any changes, not for free obviously. Then ETS4 in 2014 with GE content but no ingame improvements. That's how many games are done these days. But not this game. I'm not defending SCS for no reason. I appreciate that I paid once and I get tons of new stuff because... I don't know why but SCS is just awesome that they decided to do all those things for me, their customer.

Maybe you should compare 1st game release with latest patch and you'll see 2 different games in a low price of one...

No idea if you know but all assets have to be created first, so mappers can use them. Map editor isn't magical. You don't say "I want French house and some nice trees here" and they appear. Famous landmarks too. You don't see all those details? Compare it with vanilla map. With Going East map. Those were boring. Not unique, I agree. But now? What do you want more? There are thousands of new assets that took more time to create than placing them on the map.

Yes, that post is a mess as usually when I have a lot to say. If you've read it, congratulations and I'm waiting for nice dicussion.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

CAPLV
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 08:25

Zniwek.. without discounts game is not so cheap.. full version with all dlc ~50 euros, but.. but.. i love/like ETS2 since very first day, when i bought it.. i`m waiting every new game update release/promods releases.. rusmap.. also there are so many many good mods.

Remember.. there weren`t promods w/o SCS and otherwise.

good playing to all.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Vøytek
Developer

29 Nov 2016 10:15

I'm talking about prices that I paid for this game, I know it's much more on Steam but it's still ~20€ when other games are like 50€. More or less, I don't remember exact prices but I don't buy on Steam directly, it's way too expensive for Poles...
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information