SCS Blog

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Horizon™
Developer

15 Jan 2016 21:38

I hope it will be 4-6 Euros for a State, or 10-15 for few states :P
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

lelux

15 Jan 2016 23:47

Mmh, the scale map looks tiny like the ets2 one... hope i'm wrong but in the 2nd image we can well see the city map of Phoenix, Arizona and it looks big to me compared to the State. I Hope i'm wrong! :P :(

Barrett_killz
It’s my birthday

16 Jan 2016 00:07

People believe what they want to believe :lol:

Let's be honest, they wouldn't have said that "some states, if not all will be released as paid DLC" if they wouldn't require them to be paid for.
inb4 ~20 euro / state.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2016 00:31

The dlcs will have to be in big chunks.. Otherwise people will buy base game and then a new york dlc or whatever and there will be no road connecting nevada to new york...
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

ZelvaCZ

16 Jan 2016 06:49

20€ per an average-sized state in 1:32,5 scale? That's not going to happen.

Kobra2112

16 Jan 2016 07:02

Are you referring to the last portion of the blog post? Because from what I gathered it meant that the DLCs of the states would cost more cumulatively than the game itself, which I could see happening. 3-5 USD per state is what I'm hoping for. Only thing of note that's worthy here is that some states on the east coast especially are very small, or dont have a lot going on in them.

Case in point is North Dakota. I took a trip once from Boston, Massachusetts to Boise, Idaho. I can tell you for a fact that states like North and South Dakota are very sparse, therefore it would make sense more to release these as a chunk as opposed to two separate DLCs. Furthermore, states like Delaware and Rhode Island are very small and could probably only fit one or two cities in them (Rhode Island could realistically fit Providence and Newport with the scale, and Delaware could fit maybe Wilmington and Dover). So there's a lot of information to play with here. I've been wondering, do you guys think I should start a thread with cities that I believe should be in ATS per state? (Perhaps as a wishlist sort of thing?)

EDIT: I should also mention that Steam sales (for those who use Steam) mean that the DLCs will be HEAVILY discounted, particularly by the time the Steam summer sale rolls around. So it's something to think about with paid DLC and such. I doubt it will reach the insanity that Train Simulator has ;)
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

16 Jan 2016 07:42

Again, it would be odd to release individual state DLCs because people will start out with Nevada, California, Arizona, and then what is stopping them from buying Florida, New York, Maine, etc. and there will be absolutely no roads to get from the base game to those DLC states. They would have to strategically split up large chunks of the country into DLC to make it compatible even if someone only owned 1 or 2 of the DLCs. For example one DLC could add Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida and these would connect to Arizona which is part of the base game. Another DLC could add Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, North and South Dakota which would connect to the base game by California and northern Nevada, etc...
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Barrett_killz
It’s my birthday

16 Jan 2016 09:52

It's a good point, if you ask me. Leaving no road connections between the purchased DLCs would be lame. They'll have to think this through as well, and they'll eventually find a solution, and this solution won't be free DLCs, remember my words ;)

ETS2-User
Developer

16 Jan 2016 09:58

Same happens if SCS is making a Spain DLC after France. It will require France to be installed as well.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

lelux

16 Jan 2016 16:56

For example, Rhode Island in 1:32,5 scale is just 1 (ONE) kilometer wide in game ... funny...There will be a sign that says "you're entering-exiting from Rhode Island!" maybe

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information