SCS DLCs vs ProMods Development , Improvement

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2016 19:07

Well that tells you that you shouldn't be so pessimistic in future.

Michieten88

09 Mar 2016 16:11

I really hope that SCS will give us DLC France like Pavel said - before summer
Well IMO will be delayed for autumn ;) for some unknown reasons - if they will ask 20 €/$ for this expansion it will be way too expensive - 10 €/$ for me is the fair price
Arizona will come in the summer that's for sure :lol: , i can't even imagine when they will start developing Texas how much it will take them :)
Without modding ETS 2 was dead & buried , ATS wouldn't have been released - for this i thank SCS , for lettin' modding alive :P
To wait for some news from SCS i get borred every day to see if something new appears , way to slow their development , really slow
For me Pro saved the game with their talent

Horizon™
Developer

09 Mar 2016 17:26

1. I don't think so, 'DLC France' might appear in the mid-/late summer, which is okay :P
2. Expensive? It will be almost the same price as it was for 'DLC North', so it is quite reasonable and affordable.
3. Yes, it might be died, or at least not as popular.
4. 'ProMods' did not saved the game themselves - there are more people/groups which contributed to the game, and made the game even more better, and interesting.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

martinusK

09 Mar 2016 18:14

I don't like the fact that i've already paid twice the original price of the game to play ProMods. It's supposed to be a free mod, yet i constantly have to buy DLCs for it.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Kobra2112

09 Mar 2016 23:23

In some ways I'd really like to see SCS work on adding more AI traffic and cargoes with these DLC as well, not just map expansions.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2016 06:40

Martinus Kundla wrote:I don't like the fact that i've already paid twice the original price of the game to play ProMods. It's supposed to be a free mod, yet i constantly have to buy DLCs for it.
Well, without the DLCs ProMods would never be at the level it is right now. Please keep in mind that the DLCs deliver a ton new assets we can use. But we only can use them if we make owning the DLC a requirement.

Kobra2112 wrote:In some ways I'd really like to see SCS work on adding more AI traffic and cargoes with these DLC as well, not just map expansions.
That's exactly what DLC Scandinavia does.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2016 09:51

Volleybal4life wrote: Well, without the DLCs ProMods would never be at the level it is right now. Please keep in mind that the DLCs deliver a ton new assets we can use. But we only can use them if we make owning the DLC a requirement.
I understand that, but my biggest problem with that is that the money that arguably should go to ProMods ends up SCS instead. Cause we need to buy the DLC to be able to enjoy ProMods.

Pretty sure that there are a lot of people that won't spend money on ProMods after buying DLC for a variety of reasons. While you actually deserve it more...see what I'm getting at?
lvl 207 - 905000km - Scania R730 - 60% map coverage

Vøytek
Developer

13 Mar 2016 14:29

ProMods is free. It's your own decision to use it :)
You can use older versions without DLCs but I think that it's worth to buy DLCs itself (especially Scandinavia) and it also opens the possibility to add PM to your mod list. So, that's additional advantage of owning the DLCs ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Horizon™
Developer

13 Mar 2016 15:29

I wanted to add one thing to Zniwek's post:

Nearly all the maps released, require a map extension DLC at some point, like - asset, or map itself to be included. For example, another major map mod is RusMap - It uses both map expansions, because they contain road connections, and very high-quality assets, like vegetation:
- RusMap uses DLC Going East, because of connections to the Europe to connect Belarus, and Russia.
- DLC North assets are seen all over the place - motorways, 'custom interchange' prefabs, vegetation, and other awesome assets.

Same goes to the TSM, well sort of.... As I remember, you can choose between 'DLC' and 'no DLC' version, but it is sort of required, which makes people buy them - and it isn't a robbery, the player has a choice - play with old, not that enhanced version, or get a DLC, and play all-new mods :lol:
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information