ProMods team, A BIG THANK YOU!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Sufyanzeroual

19 Jun 2016 09:51

Hello everyone who reads this!

Let's give someting back to the team right? Look at how realistic and big and good they make the map and how much time they spend in making it! And they release it for us, thank you everyone from the team that helped out that we can have some nice game hours riding trough the mountains and so on!

Donate or/and comment in this topic a big thank you. Just to thank them :)

So here:

ProMods, thank you for the work! :D

Greets,

Company: A.C. Rijnberg Transport - Holland, Terneuzen
Truck: Scania Highline R410 Streamline 2016
Km's droven: 0

ETS2-User
Developer

19 Jun 2016 11:00

Thank you! People like you keep us motivated. :)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Dannu
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2016 12:05

I thank too :) Keeps me motivated to test betas :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Puncake
Donation rank:

19 Jun 2016 14:38

Indeed ProMods do a great job, as far as im aware they are the most detailed map out there and they give love to every country. Some more than others but they still give love. When there is a new dlc/update that ruins ProMods they work their hardest to make it compatible again. Even when there are people complaining about incompatibility they team deal with them professionally and appropriately . Overall great work team and continue your work!

vulchor
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2016 01:49

Sufyanzeroual wrote:Donate or/and comment in this topic a big thank you. Just to thank them :)
Indeed, thanks ProMods Team, with all my heart! I decided to try out TSM to see what that was like, and no offense to the time spent making that by that team, but it looked terrible in comparison with ProMods! The attention to detail and quality is what makes this map so good. I was absolutely BLOWN away when I drove into Andorra last night! I have not had my breath taken away by a game yet like when I saw this beautiful scenery and town tucked into the mountains and valleys (except maybe a few scenes in The Witcher 3). I've never been a screen shot person, but I just had to keep taking screenies at all the beautiful custom scenery I was discovering. Absolutely PRO work here.

You mentioned donating in your post, and I've seen a few forum members with a donation star by their names, and I'd like to donate too (besides the $1 I always give when I download), but I can't for the life of me find a donation button. In some ways that makes me even more happy to give since it means the team isn't out there begging for money, but they do it for the love of their work. Please can someone tell me how I can give some spare cash to these incredibly talented and hard-working people?

[EDIT] FACEPALM! I was looking all over the top of the page, and even the Blog and Help page, thought about checking the download page to see if there was another way too, then I saw the button at the bottom!

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2016 18:25

I hope I'm congratulating the right people here -- guessing this is most likely a PM goodie not SCS core -- but while travelling through Finland I saw a mobile cyclist (on the sidewalk, tsk tsk) and it was a wow moment. Very cool mover. I've also noticed bike racks populated with a jumble of bikes, vending machines (blurry but recognisable) inside gas stations, and many other new touches of realistic detail that I appreciate. Now and then I pause and reflect on the sheer size of the effort, the amount of 3d modelling hours that must go into this extensive world. It's staggering. Hats off once again to the devs. At the rate y'all are expanding the world I will never reach 100% explored :-)
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

ZelvaCZ

09 Sep 2016 18:37

The cyclist mover is made by SCS, and as far as I know, they actaully used it in their own version of the Netherlands ;)

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

09 Sep 2016 21:30

@Zelva Hey, it was a long drive :-) I'm not always sure what country I was in when I remember cool stuff. Which reminds me that I did ask SCS for a little country flag and abbreviation to display somewhere in the TA screen, to remind me where I am :-) Gee, maybe it was Estonia...

@Vulchor "I was absolutely BLOWN away when I drove into Andorra last night!" Yep, I can relate. The first time I discovered Andorra I was saying Wow (out loud!) and shaking my head and grinning, repeatedly. Artistry, attention to detail, and yes, love went into that modelling. Ditto Iceland, which is still my favourite place to travel. I do email some of my best screenshots to friends, like vacation snaps :-)

I surely don't want to offend the SCS core devs -- who do a great job imho -- but honestly, I wouldn't love the game nearly so much w/o the rich and beautiful detail added by PM. ETS2 w/o ProMods is like, oh I dunno, like gcc w/o gmake? sorry, that wasn't such a great slogan, I guess...

In fact, I'd like to start a contest right now for the best completion of ETS2 without ProMods is like... (no refs to orange juice or sunshine please!) Anyone want to play?
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

doorslammer

10 Sep 2016 19:05

Thanks for the speedy update to be compatible with the latest SCS update guys, really appreciate all your hard work.

vulchor
Donation rank:

10 Sep 2016 19:16

RootlessAgrarian wrote:ETS2 w/o ProMods is like, oh I dunno, like gcc w/o gmake? sorry, that wasn't such a great slogan, I guess...

In fact, I'd like to start a contest right now for the best completion of ETS2 without ProMods is like... (no refs to orange juice or sunshine please!) Anyone want to play?
ETS2 without ProMods is like a 1 on 1 hockey game? Sorry, besides gaming my mind has been on hockey non-stop, so excited that summer is over and there's Hockey on TV again.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information