Is there speed camera in your country ?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Peterson

28 Apr 2017 14:48

Well, that's why I stick to 135-140 in 130 zones, since the speedo isn't perfect,and I'm still in the margin of error. And it's fast enough to overtake.

But remember, 10mph difference is actually 16km/h, and that's quite a lot, since you have to slow down even more.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Akula_

28 Apr 2017 14:56

So you're one of the SoB overtaking everyone by a small marging and then go back in front of them and slow down a bit ?
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

Peterson

28 Apr 2017 17:02

Nah, if I did that, I wouldn't even go fast enough to catch up. But yeah, I'm mostly in the left lane.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

tuuliaki
Donation rank:

01 May 2017 09:56

In western Finland we have those f***ing things everywhere. Fixed cameras on highways and cities, plus moving ones hidden in civilian-painted police vans. On my way to work I have eight camera poles both ways, on a 55 kilometers trip. :( Each pole has not a camera in it whole time, but you never can tell where it is.. until it flashes. :x
A driver from Finland - Also known as John Reasonmill
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv28Oe ... iYFnlfBrIg[/youtube]

Akula_

01 May 2017 11:31

So well

1 - What does they look like ?
2 - Any warning sign prior to a location ?
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

Gazer75
Donation rank:

07 May 2017 01:22

In Norway we got quite a few speed cams.
A quick check in official data shows 226 stretches of road with point check cams and 47 that measure speed between two points.
Some of the data seem to overlap so the number of point checks are probably a bit lower.
Numbers above are for each direction so you can almost divide by two to get the number of areas.
Some places might only have camera in one direction.

Boxes mostly look like this:

Signs used to warn look like these:

For the measure over distance you'll pass one camera and get registered, then once you pass the second one it will calculate the speed based on time spent.
If the speed was to high you'll get a yellow flash a bit past the second camera indicating you'll get a ticket.

Longest stretch of average measure is in Lærdal tunnel. The distance between the two cameras is around 22km.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information