Is there speed camera in your country ?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
///Miksu

04 Jan 2017 19:27

This is how we do it in Finland :

Vuoden poliisi = Police of the year.

Akula_

04 Jan 2017 19:44

Exactly these ultra small speed camera hidden everywhere that amazes me
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

Peterson

04 Jan 2017 20:07

Akula: Objective responsibility is in testing for several years now, so speed cameras can't legally work. People are still upset that the owner will get the fine, even though he wasn't driving, since car-sharing is pretty common here (I don't have my own car yet). Only exception is with electronic vignettes, systhem works since 1.1.2016... but no fines were sent yet. 0. Nothing.

Sometimes the police test the objective responsibility, but they announce it on the radio.

Usually, you break the speed limit, you get measured by a van, and several metres ahead (on a safe spot, parking, etc.), there's a car or two with policemen waiting to pull you over. Or there's a Golf parked, which then pursues you. I almost ran a cop over because he stopped on a horizon and didn't even check his mirror if he could open the door. On the R2 road. Clever stuff.

It's pretty known that the police is somehow bullying us, but you can still bargain the price of your fine. It depends on the policeman.

In ETS 2, instead of cameras, it would be useful and correct to place said vans, Golfs or just a cop with a radar on a tripod with a car parked nearby, just to add a bit of realism.

We're not bullying motorists like you do in the west. I've never seen a police car on the road in Germany, or in Belgium, only in cities. People in Belgium were misbehaving heavily, of course that the fatality rate is so high! Speed cameras won't help, patrols will. And a bit of leniency too.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Akula_

04 Jan 2017 21:34

Well so you're saying these cameras we can see in ETS2 are fakes ?

"we're not bullying" "police somehow bully us" nice oxymoron

Didn't drove much in belgium, but the two speed camera i saw are stupid traps. One's a old british-style Gatso waiting for you at 70kmh downhill with a small sign warning you too late for you to brake enough

Meanwhile in france they just love park on the motorway with radar in the trunk and sipping coke while everyone's gettin flashed Image

Aaaaand they got new toy to bully people on motorway
Image Infrared flash hidden in the license plate, small cinemometor hidden in the fascia and camera on the dashboard

Peterson

04 Jan 2017 22:19

Police is picky, they stop poor people's cars more than more expensive ones. That's bullying. But in general, I have to say that we're damn lucky here.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Akula_

04 Jan 2017 23:53

Yeah well would be nice to gather enough info in the EU countries to make some serious post about speed monitoring situation.

You never know when it can come in handy, i didn't even knew Spain had speed camera yet it seems they love that.

Master_of_the_roads

05 Jan 2017 13:32

In one of my previous posts I was talking about speed readouts inaccuracies, yes, I meant them literally, in my country more than 90 % of road equipment has 1 or 2 % tollerance deviation when measuring speed of a moving vehicle, that also depends on the manufacturer of the equipment, since in Slovenia all citizens know precisely how the government treats public purchases meant for the good of all its residents. That statement is an indirect summary from my driving instructor, he knows what's going on precisely with speed cameras. He also confirmed that the speed readout accuracy isn't absolute when driving some smaller non-licensed vehicles such as 25 kph mopeds or scooters.

Road technology isn't perfect, we know that, but still road equipment should be better callibrated by the people in charge, that responsibility falls down to the road and other safety agencies, those agencies that should prevent irresponsible driving or accidents throughout this country, yet sometimes they're powerless to do so. So you can think like I probably wasn't thinking straight when speaking about that particular problem, well, if I don't know about something specific, I look that up on the net or use some other reliable sources of mine. Those are the facts in this country, simple as that. I don't know how other neighbouring countries deal with similar problems, but I do know about mine.

Let's all get back to topic, shall we ? ;)

Akula_

05 Jan 2017 13:36

So maybe you can find pic on the web on how speed cameras look like in Slovenia ? And possible warning sign ?

Master_of_the_roads

05 Jan 2017 13:44

I might, shouldn't be difficult.

One example is this :

http://images0.zurnal24.si/slika-_origi ... 752297.jpg

Following next...

http://static.primorske.si/foto/lowres/ ... -radar.jpg

And this...

http://starodobnik.net/sloforum/slike/v ... 670035.jpg

In some cases even if it says RADAR, doesn't mean that it didn't actually take some pictures of your license plates or send them to the PIC, the road information center.

However, I forgot to mention that our police regurarly takes pictures of all drivers with their PROVIDA system, mostly on highways from LJ to MB. Not so frequently on other interchanges. They also use covert unmarked cars that don't look like police cars, but covertly take pictures or in some cases write-out on the back of the car POLICIJA, PROSIM VOZITE ZA MENOJ in English sounds like this : Police, please drive behind me. ;)

That's for irresponsible car and truck drivers, if you follow the rules, sure there's no need to be acosted by the police, one exception, during regular controls.

This is the most common warning sign that you're about to encounter a speed trap :

http://images0.zurnal24.si/slika-_origi ... 591133.jpg

Feel free to comment further. No objections here. ;)

gippermand

06 Jan 2017 09:07

Hi There

In Denmark we have Speed Camera from Cars, mostly the use VW Transporter, but there are also some place, and here we talk off road where the speed are from 60 - 80 km/h Boxes, as we call ( Stærekasser ) Birdboxes

The VW Transporter used to be on Highway, where speed are set from 110 or 130 km/h to 90, or if people call police and tell them, listen here, there are lot of driver there speed up here, then the came and set up a Transporter with one man inside, for some time, and them move Again.

And now normaly people can make that job to here in Denmark, the police just see if its a good on before lol
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information