Is there speed camera in your country ?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Akula_

03 Jan 2017 13:08

Callipso wrote:
yang20 wrote:
penguinaz wrote: Cameras

From my reading, USA in general seems very hostile to fixed speed cameras.

By camera, do you mean regular cheap CCTV or our european stuff with camera + Radar/laser speed detection + Flash and everything ?

When i see the size of our Radars by here, i hardly seem them hidding behind a roadsign
Image Image
PirriAND wrote: . Don't get me started with Spain and it's Speedcameras in every corner.
Get started. I've mostly been in Spain as a pedestrian, i don't think i saw any of them there (even wondering if it existed back there)

I find documentation hard to find, beside from France and Luxemburg where you got a real ton of infos and fully-detailled website. Can come in handy when one's do cross the border.
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

PirriAND

03 Jan 2017 18:32

Akula_ wrote:
PirriAND wrote: Get started. I've mostly been in Spain as a pedestrian, i don't think i saw any of them there (even wondering if it existed back there)

I find documentation hard to find, beside from France and Luxemburg where you got a real ton of infos and fully-detailled website. Can come in handy when one's do cross the border.

Callipso
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2017 22:03

Akula_ wrote:
From my reading, USA in general seems very hostile to fixed speed cameras.

By camera, do you mean regular cheap CCTV or our european stuff with camera + Radar/laser speed detection + Flash and everything ?

When i see the size of our Radars by here, i hardly seem them hidding behind a roadsign
Explain what you mean by "hostile". It depends on many factors weather a state, county, municipality, will adopt a certain posture towards law enforcement. States like mine have a very harsh reputation towards criminals, mostly due to having a border with Mexico. I won't discuss politics here which has quite a lot bearing on Arizona's stance towards crime. Sufficed to say Arizona has no qualms about using radar cameras to catch criminals its part of the state's revenue at this point. My city of Flagstaff is more lenient than most of the state so the habit of the rest of the state to provide enforcement through any means is not always followed to the letter. Recent decisions by the state have suspended the red-light detection system due to low public opinion.

Cameras can be red-light monitoring, making sure each lane does obey the red-light while it is on, and speed of cars entering the intersections is within limits.
Speed cameras that use, Radar, LIDAR, and ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) which is able to take a snapshot of your plate as you pass by. CCTV is probably also on most street corners as well, for surveillance purposes.

None of the cameras in the states are really hidden they are usually fairly obvious

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2017 22:48

There are some (very few) red light cameras here but no freeway cameras.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Master_of_the_roads

04 Jan 2017 12:03

Here in Slovenia, speed cameras are almost on every highway and expressway tunnel, those that are in major cities often don't show correct speed readouts, those should be ignored, but not all the time, recently more speed cameras were added and those new ones also show correct readouts, they register almost every vehicle category precisely, when dealing with less important categories such as mopeds or scooters without a license, then the readings get confused, but that's normal, because such vehicles hardly ever exceed the speed of 25 kph, unless modified for greater pleasure, such individuals exist almost anywhere around the globe. :)

Back to topic, speed cameras here are efficient, but sometimes they just generate more extra profit for the government and often don't serve a purpose for the citizens, as most of them are unemployed or get stuck with higher payments that usual. I call that irresponsible. :twisted:

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2017 13:06

Akula_ wrote:They aren't afraid of sabotage it seems
And for warning sign just a small thing under the speed limit sign at the entrance of the villages saying "Speed limit control"
You were lucky, normally there is no warning for a Speed Limit control in Germany, no matter if its fixed or mobile

In Germany you had "mobile" Speed cameras in a car, they didn´t drive if they control the Speed but you can Change the Location every time.

On this Picture is a mobile Speed Camera, you see ist a normal Car
http://www.blitzer.de/system/pictures/f ... 1340659496
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

Master_of_the_roads

04 Jan 2017 13:32

I didn't know that the last time I visited Germany six years ago, I do have one question though, should your Autobahn system have a speed limit at all or does the minimal speed recommendation serve only as a decoration ? Normally I would agree that driving at speeds higher than 130 kph would be a higher risk factor for inexperienced drivers or drivers prone to accidents. Sometime ago, Germany had even a 150 speed limit on the Autobahn network, but nowadays, not anymore.Even Poland and Bulgaria don't follow the usual 120 - 130 compulsory speed limit for highways, speeking strictly for cars and vans or motorcycles.

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2017 14:42

they was never any Speed Limit on the German "Autobahn".

but there is Directional Speed (Richtgeschwindigkeit) of 130, you should drive under 130 but you don´t had to. If you had an accident over 130 you can get complicitiy.

And most of the Network there is a Speed Limit, it must be displayed on a sign (mostly 120), but is there no sign you can drive so fast as you can.
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

Peterson

04 Jan 2017 15:47

Speed cameras? No, we don't have these. Legal stuff...

We have Volkswagen Golfs (Variant), either marked or unmarked with stealth radars, cameras and they can even read and write down your license plate. Most of the time, they remain hidden, just standing by the road, behind a hedge, or "parked". Only difference between a normal car and the one of the police is that police cars have all windows tinted, except the windshield. Plus, policemen are so dumb that their front and rear DRLs remain turned on, so they're not so hidden anymore. Volkswagen Transporters are relatively easier to detect, during daylight. Police even places cardboard cars just to scare us and keep us paranoid. Fortunately, every radio station signals radars, along car crashes and jams. And unlike in Germany, Waze is not illegal here.

Speed fines: Sadzobník pokút za prekročenie rýchlosti

(V obci = in the city, Mimo obce = outside of a city, napomenutie = boo boo from a policeman)

It might be even more soon.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Akula_

04 Jan 2017 19:21

PirriAND wrote:
Jesus that crap was in Spain ? I saw the vid some times ago, i wouldn't believe that.
Callipso wrote: None of the cameras in the states are really hidden they are usually fairly obvious
Fairly obvious yet they are really really small. So that actually gives you ticket ?

When i see all regulations and stuff french cameras must comply to to be valid + their enormous size .. Amaze me your small stuff just works the same
Master_of_the_roads wrote:Slovenia - don't show correct speed readouts

Back to topic, speed cameras here are efficient, but sometimes they just generate more extra profit for the government and often don't serve a purpose for the citizens, as most of them are unemployed or get stuck with higher payments that usual. I call that irresponsible. :twisted:
Show speed ? You mean the speed camera is bad and doesent accurately read your speed to flash and ticket you ?
or you meant these small stuff that just displays your speed and ask you to slow down ?
Der Freiburger wrote: You were lucky, normally there is no warning for a Speed Limit control in Germany, no matter if its fixed or mobile

In Germany you had "mobile" Speed cameras in a car, they didn´t drive if they control the Speed but you can Change the Location every time.
Yes these sneaky van with camera in the trunk.. enforcing the 30-50 kph zone and flashing all the people driving 3kmh above limit... Luxemburg and France got them too. Now france got even nastier stuff, car with a radar that can read speed and flash (with some infared thing hidden in the front fascia so you don't even know) while driving on motorway..

Lucky, maybe. As i said it was just some ultra small additional white pannel under the 30 at the entrance of the village saying "Geschwindigkeitüberwaschung" then 2-3 Vitronic Poliscan tower just like that on the sidewalk

By what i saw in wikipedia, German cameras are soooo smalll (these little letterbox-sized stuff with two small holes.. again it really change from big Lux-French stuff) ... Are they hidden in all villages at half of the road crossing ?
Master_of_the_roads wrote: should your Autobahn system have a speed limit at all
Some zone are limited (Mainly when the roads are narrow or going through town), otherwise there is no restriction

BUT no restriction doesn't mean you have to be a d*ck and irresponsabily drive pedal to metal, German traffic code says on Motorway, Any person driving a vehicle may only drive so fast that the car is under control. Speeds must be adapted to the road, traffic, visibility and weather conditions as well as the personal skills and characteristics of the vehicle and load.

So it means you're not restricted by speed limit if the conditions allows you to go faster, but driving at 250kph is not recomended, and if you got an accident, insurances can refuses to cover you if you drove at an irresponsible speed
Peterson wrote:Speed cameras? No, we don't have these. Legal stuff...
Thats surprise me the most since in ETS2, Slovakia do have speed cameras (Always this one in the tunnel north of Bratislava Grrrrr

So no fixed stuff ? Just mobile radar in cars ? (Automated things that flashes and send you ticket at home, or the policeman manually write it and/or have to intercept ?
ImageImageImageSkoda is love, Skoda is life

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information