OMSI 2 Discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)

What is the two best bus models?

MAN NG / NL
7%
MAN SD200 / SD202
2%
MAN Lion's City
17%
Volvo
23%
Mercedes-Benz Citaro
25%
Scania CityWide
13%
Solaris Urbino
5%
Ikarus
2%
Other model
7%

Total votes: 60
mbman212
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2017 11:37

After doing multiple searches and browsing through the whole off-topic subforum, I didn't find any topic related to OMSI 2, so I've decided to make one.

This one also has a poll, where you can decide which are the two of the best bus model in your opinion. It will also include some bus mods, because I believe most of us who does own the game won't have vanilla game. Also you can give a short reason why you do like the two specific bus models.

You can discuss generally about the game (what's good, what's bad), discuss about the mods and DLC available and say your opinion of what you want to see in the game (your living region map, bus, AI model, any other what is related to this game).

Let me start this to give you better clue, what I'm meaning.

My first option is the Scania CityWide. This is almost the newest model that Scania has released, and it looks great, plus my hometown does have 13 of them, from which 12 runs with natural gas.

The second one is Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro (O530G is articulated), this is because of my enthusiasm of Mercedes plus even if it looks kinda square-ish, it's still Mercedes ;) The one that I have is 15-meter long 3-axle version with steerable rear axle. Rated from Euro 3 to EEV, so they're pretty clean engines, except for Euro 3.

The Berlin - Spandau map is pretty good, the most line what I've driven is 5 from U-Bahnhof Ruhleben to Nervenklinik and vice versa. Also in Spandau 1994 line 130 is the same. I've also done a few times the line 92 from Stadtgrenze to Freudstraße.

Grundorf is very small map, so that'll serve me as a "test" map, where I'll just test out the new bus mods that I've downloaded.

Yesterday I did download the Städtedreieck map which has 13 rural lines and 5 night lines and a few express lines. For that map, the CityWide might be too long, but if you can spin the wheel pretty fast, then you should be just fine. I did a run on the line 69 Ermersrichter Straße to Griebsbach Bahnhof, which was very interesting and tough route with very sharp turns and driving full speed with the Scania on the Autobahn. Right now I just started the line 66 from Donnerhain to Kreuzinger Brücke with the 15-meter Merc.

Only bus model what I really want to have is the VanHool Astromega TDX27 (image below), that'll fit for my future plans of the game.

I hope this opened something for you :)
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Peterson

02 Mar 2017 15:11

Ah, yes, this thing. And ah, yes, Alterr's models - high quality, but very sterile. Personally, I love the Vienna and Hamburg DLC's, they have some sort of fresh air, and identity. But I stopped playing, simply because there's nothing really that good to meet my expectations - every map is the same.

Maybe you should try the Budapest - Kispest, that's a map I spent some time driving on, and the Projekt Szczeczin is a must have. It's sad that they stopped the developpement.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Dannu
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2017 06:43

I myself have been started to like fictional German maps with lots of lines, etc. I myself have Three Generations and Mercedes O305 DLC's. All of those buses are very good and stable to drive. I am waiting for upcoming Volvo B10LE Carrus City L cause it is very nice bus and i have been in it many times. And Citywide is not even long for that map ;)
Last edited by Dannu on 03 Mar 2017 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2017 11:18

I was thinking about getting OSMI2, after watching a few videos by Squirrel. But I sort of went off the boil about it. I'm torn between flight sim, train sim and ats at the minute.

If I can find a demo of OSMI 2 then I'll give that a go and see what I think, although to be honest, at this time in the morning, thinking is a very dangerous thing....
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

mbman212
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2017 11:20

MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:Volvo B10LE Carrus City L
Vaasa also used to have those on the main lines, but since they've bought brand new Scania CityWides', these old polluting buses have been taken out from traffic but these old Scania Lahti 402's are still on the move (yes, they're old TKL* buses that VPL** uses).

*=TKL = Tampereen Kaupungin Liikennelaitos
**=VPL = Vaasan Paikallisliikenne

Also, I want to gather some of the bus models what I really want to have;

1. VanHool Astromega TDX27 (picture in first post)

2. Scania L113TLL Lahti 402 (link in this post)

3. Iveco Irisbus Crossway LE

4. Scania Citywide LE (yes, I know that there is a Citywide released, but it's articulated one, and this one isn't)

5. Scania OmniLink (L94UB chassis)

All of these would perfectly fit to my future plans of the game.
#8 Forum Spammer

ETS2 v1.38.1.15, ProMods 2.5x, DLC content

12,50% explored
Driven km 67,200
2957 hours of ETS2

ATS v1.38x, DLC content

29,46% explored
Driven mi 19,000
271 hours of ATS

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information