Good PC

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
ArbuzCargo

09 Jul 2017 19:27

Hello everybody. I'm going to buy a new PC with at least 8 GB ram. I've found a PC in a small price and I think it's good, but I wanted to hear your opinion.
I'm going to use it to normal things like internet browsing, skype or wathcing movies. I want to play good games too, ETS2 with Promods, rusmap, project balkans, and southern region + Need for speed 2016 or Spintire on High graphics. I've found a good pc in a Very cheap price, and do you think it's good gaming PC?

ASUS X540YA-XO189T
Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition
CPU AMD A8 7410 / 2.2 GHz
RAM 8 GB
Technology DDR3L SDRAM
1 TB HDD SATA
15.6''
1366x768 (HD)
graphic: AMD Radeon R5
Bang&Olufsen speakers

Callipso
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2017 22:34

I think your graphics card might give you some headaches if you try to play around with the higher graphics settings doesn't look that ideal for high end gaming. The CPU is a bit slow, though might still prove sufficient for gaming purposes. overall it looks to be on the low end side of things, especially for gaming if that's what it was advertised for. Is this computer a laptop by chance? that GPU is typically built for notebooks.
My advice is to go with something with a bit better GPU and CPU specs for the kind of games your looking to play, especially if you want to play on higher graphics settings as they can be quite demanding at times. Another thing you can consider if you buy a tower is that you can upgrade your computer to better parts later on if you don't have the money right now for them, with a laptop your kind of stuck with the parts you have bought as its not easy to find parts for a laptop.

ArbuzCargo

10 Jul 2017 07:22

I looked on gaming PC but they cost over 3000 norwegian krones more than this PC, and I tought this one looks good, so I wanted to hear your opinion. That's one reason to why I can't have a gaming PC, I want a PC to ''normal use'' too, but gaming PC haven't norwegian letters on the keyboard ( Ø, Å, Æ,)

Vøytek
Developer

10 Jul 2017 10:47

ArbuzCargo wrote:
but gaming PC haven't norwegian letters on the keyboard ( Ø, Å, Æ,)
I think it depends on your keyboard model ;)

These days, if you want to enjoy fast loading times and better experience with games (ProMods too), you need a SSD drive. HDD is usually too slow to load everything in time. SSD is a much better overall experience, not only in gaming. And DDR3 memory in 2017? I think you should take a look at some of latest CPU models, then you'll get a modern motherboard with it and DDR4, and it'll provide you with more possibilities to upgrade in the future but I'm not an expert.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ArbuzCargo

10 Jul 2017 10:56

Vøytek wrote:
10 Jul 2017 10:47
ArbuzCargo wrote:
I think it depends on your keyboard model ;)

These days, if you want to enjoy fast loading times and better experience with games (ProMods too), you need a SSD drive. HDD is usually too slow to load everything in time. SSD is a much better overall experience, not only in gaming. And DDR3 memory in 2017? I think you should take a look at some of latest CPU models, then you'll get a modern motherboard with it and DDR4, and it'll provide you with more possibilities to upgrade in the future but I'm not an expert.
Yeah, I know that SSD is better but it's less place on a SSD disk than on HDD on PC's in same price. 128 or 256 GB? I'm not playing so many games but i wan't to have eunough place for games/pictures/other programs
And the norwegian keyboard, No gaming Pc's in Norway has norwegian keyboard, I'm sure that i can buy it and put it in, but would be better for me to buy a normal PC with good performance up to 7000 krones. ( 800 dollar, 3000 polish zloty)
But thank you anyway, VØYTEK :-)

I ask you about it because i'm a phone expert, not PC and i have no idea what for example DDR3 means and things like that :-)
Last edited by tkk7406 on 11 Jul 2017 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the "Edit" button instead of double posting

Vøytek
Developer

10 Jul 2017 12:50

Yes, SSD is much more expensive, unfortunately. But it provides a much higher speed. I think you could try getting a 60/64GB one for system + ETS2 but it may be too few space for you after a few months... So a bit risky. SSD is very useful but you can live without it ;) A good HDD should be still enough for your needs but you can consider getting SSD in the future if you're interested.
I have 250GB SSD now + my old 1TB HDD. So I keep my photos and other stuff on that HDD, but my system + ETS2 + a few other programs and games on SSD for better speed.

But when you buy a PC, it comes with a new mouse and keyboard?
I think it's not a common solution here in Poland. We have online shops where you can buy a PC only (without monitor, mouse, keyboard) or you can "build" one. So you just choose all the parts you want and they can send you the parts or build that PC for you, test it and deliver a ready-to-use machine.
Maybe you should take a look at some Norwegian forum where you can find PC experts and they'll give you some useful ideas and choose the best parts for the price you set ;)
Buying a "prebuild" PC is not always the best idea, because it looks nice in the shop but then you realize some parts are shitty (like PSU, which is very important).

DDR4 is a kinda new type of RAM memory. I had DDR3 in my PC bought in 2010. 2 months ago I bought some new parts and switched to DDR4.

If somebody has better knowledge on the topic, please share your ideas.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

ArbuzCargo

10 Jul 2017 21:46

Callipso wrote:
09 Jul 2017 22:34
I think your graphics card might give you some headaches if you try to play around with the higher graphics settings doesn't look that ideal for high end gaming. The CPU is a bit slow, though might still prove sufficient for gaming purposes. overall it looks to be on the low end side of things, especially for gaming if that's what it was advertised for. Is this computer a laptop by chance? that GPU is typically built for notebooks.
My advice is to go with something with a bit better GPU and CPU specs for the kind of games your looking to play, especially if you want to play on higher graphics settings as they can be quite demanding at times. Another thing you can consider if you buy a tower is that you can upgrade your computer to better parts later on if you don't have the money right now for them, with a laptop your kind of stuck with the parts you have bought as its not easy to find parts for a laptop.
It's a laptop. But do you think this PC is ''enough'' to run ETS2 on low/medium settings and Need for speed 2016 on low settings. It's impossible to open the NFS on the laptop i have now,lol

Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Jul 2017 20:51

ArbuzCargo wrote:
It's a laptop. But do you think this PC is ''enough'' to run ETS2 on low/medium settings and Need for speed 2016 on low settings. It's impossible to open the NFS on the laptop i have now,lol
You should be able to run the ETS2 Vanilla map in most areas without that much slowdown on low to medium settings, though I suspect the built up areas such as Paris will be a place to avoid if you notice too much lag. I'm fairly certain you'll want something better if you wish to run ProMods maps though as there is much more detail added that will require more performance demands on your laptop. I'm not familiar with Need for Speed's PC spec requirements though if its a new game I'd say your better off with a more powerful rig as modern games can be graphics/memory hogs. And like Voytek mentions, just know that pre-assembled computers can come with some pretty nasty parts, companies tend to cut corners when it comes to quality on their equipment just to bring you a lower price and make a sale, make sure you look up some of those critical parts to make sure they aren't safety hazards or something that will crap out after a few months.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2017 07:05

ArbuzCargo wrote:
I don't have a Norwegian keyboard either. My keyboard is US-int. I can still type those kinda letters...

Ø ø

Code: Select all

(SHIFT) + right-ALT + 'L'
Å å

(SHIFT) + right-ALT + 'W'
Æ æ

(SHIFT) + right-ALT + 'Z'
Ð ð

(SHIFT) + right-ALT + 'D'
ß

(SHIFT) + right-ALT + 'S'
It ain't really an issue to not buy a gaming PC for.. Also, you can just connect your US-int keyboard to your PC when you're gaming. And connect a Norwegian keyboard to the gamingPC when your gonna type stuff.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ArbuzCargo

12 Jul 2017 07:55

Callipso wrote:
11 Jul 2017 20:51
ArbuzCargo wrote:
You should be able to run the ETS2 Vanilla map in most areas without that much slowdown on low to medium settings, though I suspect the built up areas such as Paris will be a place to avoid if you notice too much lag. I'm fairly certain you'll want something better if you wish to run ProMods maps though as there is much more detail added that will require more performance demands on your laptop. I'm not familiar with Need for Speed's PC spec requirements though if its a new game I'd say your better off with a more powerful rig as modern games can be graphics/memory hogs. And like Voytek mentions, just know that pre-assembled computers can come with some pretty nasty parts, companies tend to cut corners when it comes to quality on their equipment just to bring you a lower price and make a sale, make sure you look up some of those critical parts to make sure they aren't safety hazards or something that will crap out after a few months.
Thanks

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information