Flag in My Profile

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
SliderChick72

23 Jul 2017 19:48

I noticed that when I was updating my profile I cannot change my flag (i.e. Change Union Flag for the Scottish Saltire). On a personal level I feel offended by the Union Flag and do not wish to be represented by it. Can you please add the other three flags (i.e. Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland)?

Fiona
(SliderChick72)

Almighty
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2017 22:00

Scul needs to answer this, in the meantime I have disabled the Union Flag for you.
Happy trucking!

ScuL
Founder

23 Jul 2017 23:29

Scotland is not a recognised sovereign nation by the United Nations, therefore the Scottish flag is a regional flag.
To avoid every other European region demanding their regional flags to be instated (Flanders, Catalonia, etc. etc) we decided against having regional flags for the nations that make up the UK.

If you wish to express your personal support/admiration for your local symbols you are free to use those in the avatar or signature.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

SliderChick72

24 Jul 2017 22:26

Many thanks Scul and Almighty. Thanks also for your explanation, Scul. I will accept having the Union rag removed for me.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information