When will be Promods 2.20 Released? (English + Korean)

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2017 17:01

There can only be one correct answer to the question in the topic title.

It'll be released when it's ready. And it's ready when it's ready.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

jeff21

10 Aug 2017 09:05

460 Bugs, so i'm going to think around Sep 15-Oct 6. "JUST MY IDEA"!!

ScuL
Founder

10 Aug 2017 09:33

We smashed nearly 200 bugs in 1 day this week, but then another 150 were added by the testers again, it's an ongoing process
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

CAPLV
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2017 10:28

if you seek a bug.. you found it :D
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

volodo
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2017 11:34

It is just a thought of mine, but why there is no dev alpha builds that are available for the public? The same way as bunch of other games does, ETS2 included!

bmwGTR

10 Aug 2017 11:37

volodo wrote:
It is just a thought of mine, but why there is no dev alpha builds that are available for the public? The same way as bunch of other games does, ETS2 included!
Hi,
with a public beta you have also the problem, that most of the people just want to have the new version and do not know (or want to) how to report bugs.
In my opinion, if ProMods would release Betas, there would be also people which start complaing about the bugs in the beta.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2017 12:02

volodo wrote:
The simple reason is, as described above.
Multiple reports of the same bug. Like lots of them.
And most people indeed just want to play the new version, and aren't testing at all.

Besides that, we've got a beta team which does the work just fine. We don't need the public to test our map for us :)
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Davyddin
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2017 16:56

Would some sort of “blog-like” thread with regularish updates on the number of bugs found and squashed etc during testing phase be an idea? To keep the community feeling informed and involved (read: happy and not-so-inquisitive :) ) as well as get words of support. Just a thought! I understand if it's not worth the hassle.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Horizon™
Developer

10 Aug 2017 19:26

Personally, I believe that we (As a team) shouldn't be wasting time on useless blog-posts or other similar things, as that literally causes moderators or developers to be not focused on actual bugs, but on some kind of thread, that doesn't give much to the people, and could make matters even worse.

If we begin to make posts about how many bugs are left, people may think that update is today, next week, or in an hour (at least that's what I have noticed in another forum, therefore, it could be the same thing here) and start spamming questions such as "When is it? Where is it?" (Happens everyday, even without that kind of thread - therefore, we don't need even more of that), and of course, get disappointed when the update is not released.

That's my opinion, and opinions may vary across the team, but that's how I think about it.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2017 20:01

I do agree, making such a blog post will just become a countdown timer.. For no reason at all, because as long as ETS2 1.28 isn't released yet, we won't release ProMods 2.18 and 2.20 either. Even if we've managed to don't have any bugs anymore (which is pretty much impossible)
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information