Ideas for Promods!

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
pvelecky
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2017 17:09

Hi,

I hope for an rebuild of Prague and all Czech Republic too. I think my country has so much beautiful sceneries that would be in ets map ;)

Greetings,
Petříík

Rumeshkrishna7

31 Oct 2017 17:26

Can you add some of highway part of the Lemans race circuit in the France map and new and beautiful location like you did in last update and please increase the compatability of the mods plz

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2017 18:23

Compatibility to which mods do you mean? It up to the makers of those mods to be compatible with ProMods, not the other way around. Our mod is far too huge to make compatible with every single little map mod out there.

If we make our mod compatible with mod B, the addition of mod A won't work. If we finally got mod A+B both work at the same time, mod C won't. It's a never ending story for us.
That's why we won't do it.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

PirriAND

03 Nov 2017 20:08

I am going to copy paste from another thread:

Yesterday i was thinking about a new idea that maybe it might NOT take a lot of time to do, and could improve ProMods and the playing experience.

Many truck drivers in Europe are Self employed/Freelance and, they either park their trucks in the street (When legal) or in Private parking where you pay a fee every month.

So i was thinking, why not adding the marker from this garage:

And put them on the street. Since technically the first garge you own, it's just a parking spot. And, that means that you can decide if you want to be self employed and NOT own a company or own one. Also, the undrivable towns in ProMods could be used as something cool and not only as part of the scenery. My idea of street parking spot would be like this:

We could also have houses in the countryside where you could easily buy the house + space for your truck to fit like in this Mod:

What do you guys think?

Horizon™
Developer

03 Nov 2017 22:05

Sorry, but at the moment, it is not really possible to create any kind of garage that was described by you, at the moment, because I have already tried and experimented with the custom garages while producing my hometown.

It is possible to include a new type of garage (custom garage), however, as all of the information is being stored in a single file, we were not able to use this new advancement, as a lot of other mods might use that file that would result in a lack of compatibility, therefore, MandelSoft, has decided that compatibility with other modifications, is more vital for "ProMods" than receiving a brand-new feature, therefore, at the moment, the concept of the custom garages is not currently feasible, because of these factors.

It might be possible in the future. We will see. If it comes, it will be in one of my developed towns.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ETS2-User
Developer

04 Nov 2017 00:01

Didn't you already ask this a while ago? The answer hasn't changed since then. Also, how would you upgrade such a garage?
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Tanksome
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2017 04:49

Maybe you don't upgrade it and it stays as a tiny house, untill you buy another house

PirriAND

04 Nov 2017 09:25

Why don't you guys add instead of a garage marker, a resting spot?

Beacause the only places you can rest are basically gas stations and hotels

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Nov 2017 11:34

And in most countries, those are the only places you can legally rest as a trucker...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Tanksome
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2017 14:41

but what about those countries where you CAN

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information