Balkan DLC confirmed

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Topolino

12 Dec 2017 16:54

No - what about Island or Ireland?
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

Vankonius

12 Dec 2017 19:54

hollzer wrote:
07 Dec 2017 15:38
Well, for me it is logical to go to Balkan. Only connection to vanilla map is Austria to Slovenia. All other areas must go through other DLCs. But we will see
You're forgetting that to the west of the United Kingdom is also an open spot. They could easily add Northern Ireland and Ireland itself. Also, you could go from Northern Scotland to places like Iceland, or the Shetland islands

hollzer
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2017 20:29

Yes, you are right. I forget there is connection to UK, so that could be next DLC as well.
Last edited by hollzer on 12 Dec 2017 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Vankonius

12 Dec 2017 20:35

hollzer wrote:
Vankonius wrote:
hollzer wrote:
07 Dec 2017 15:38
Well, for me it is logical to go to Balkan. Only connection to vanilla map is Austria to Slovenia. All other areas must go through other DLCs. But we will see
You're forgetting that to the west of the United Kingdom is also an open spot. They could easily add Northern Ireland and Ireland itself. Also, you could go from Northern Scotland to places like Iceland, or the Shetland islands
Yes, you are right. I forget there is connection to UK, so that could be next DLC as well.
Would like to have Ireland as a DLC. It's a nice country

CptCaribbean

12 Dec 2017 21:16

Topolino wrote:
12 Dec 2017 16:54
No - what about Island or Ireland?
Vankonius wrote:
hollzer wrote:
That has already been discussed in the first page xD
CptCaribbean wrote:
07 Dec 2017 17:32
For me that doesn't mean anything serious. I'll try to mess your idea :3. Take as example ATS. In the very new New Mexico DLC, in the Interstate 40 it also says "Amarillo" (Texas) and I can bet you it won't be the next DLC. Also, another proof. Since Arizona was introduced in-game, we had the "Welcome to Utah" sign and that state hasn't been done yet (very surely it will do this upcoming 2018).

I can understand your point of view. SCS has ALWAYS wanted to tease us as an easter egg of which DLC they are gonna be working next, i.e. after the release of the France DLC we had a fully functional toll in a WIP road that was going to Genova (some of you may remember).

I also don't know which DLC is going to be next, but ProMods doesn't work for nothing. With that said, I want to tell you that the devs team must know which is going to be the next one, so they don't waste their time working on something they'll finally delete. If you read the Development threads (I tend to read all of them), the Balkans one is not only under development, but is also being the most focused area right now. That would completely destroy your idea :P

So, in which area is not working ProMods anymore?...

In both Ireland and Iceland, areas that, as said before, also wouldn't need any DLC, simply connecting it with the UK, country that in previous versions of PM has been very developed, specially in cities touching the left side of the shore (Ullapool, Holyhead, Fishguard, Cairnryan...).

I can bet my fingers for it (I hope not to end up having a stumped hand xD).

PS: I must say I love those plastic bags. They really seem the ones that you use to put rubbish in hahaha.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Omicron
Developer

10 Feb 2018 17:37

Yes, I have also found signs with placenames written behind plastic bags. It's almost as if SCS is trying to reveal something to us...

Roma vest | Firenze
Trieste
Nápoli nord
Brindisi
Nápoli sud
Genova (centro)
Trápani
Réggio (di) Calabria
Catania centro

Like ProMods, SCS should remove these plastic bags and leave the placenames as they are, even if you can't drive there!
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Vøytek
Developer

10 Feb 2018 21:21

We try to make our signs 1:1 as in reality. SCS makes their signs look more or less like in real life, but it's a simplified version. They look like Italian signs, but they're not as messy and full of city/district names. SCS uses almost only the names of the cities that are available in the game.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

BGD011

10 Feb 2018 22:42

Maybe SCS signs are simple, but useful. They lead to destination, even without help of GPS, what is main purpose of direction sign.

Your direction signs often lead to DEAD END barrier.

Vøytek
Developer

10 Feb 2018 23:22

Of course they're useful for this game's purpose. I never said otherwise.

If you hit a dead end barrier, you probably did something wrong, trying to go somewhere where it's not accessible because of scale ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

BGD011

11 Feb 2018 00:01

No, somebody else did something wrong. I only want to drive where direction sign says I need to drive to reach my destination.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information