AI mod red textures

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 18:22

Hey guys,

I'm not posting this in the Bug Reports section as I know the bug is not relevant to the mod.

After installing 1.10, I noticed that some AI cars had the bright red texture you get when something isn't quite right, as if the texture is broken. I can't seem to find any pictures on the net but I hope you guys get what I mean.

I noticed that the texture was happening on cars either a long way away and still visible, or cars near, in which case the texture then disappeared and all was normal. I removed all my AI mods and the problem was solved.

Anyway, the point is, I was hoping that somebody technical could help me figure out which AI mod it is, I will list what I have installed. If anyone can even have just an educated guess that would help, because I don't want to have to spend time installing each one by one to test, as I've got exams on and don't want to spend too much time doing pointless things on ETS 2 ;)

Mods I've got that affect AI:
- Jazzycat AI pack 1.0
- AI cars diffusion
- Dacia Logan by Srele
- Peugeot Boxer by Srele (panel van)
- Real logos by Srele
- Mini and Boxer logos by Srele

Think that's it.

If I were to guess I would say it was the AI diffusion mod, as this supposedly spreads cars in different quantities in different countries (I've never noticed it working tbh :lol: ), and the textures were happening on random cars. I didn't notice any Logans or Boxers around the whole time if this helps, so it could also be those.

Anyway, I have no knowledge of this kind of thing, so if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 20:03

At first glance I would say Jazzycat's mod is the cause, as I use his trucks & trailers mod, and like you, since the patch I've noticed the same thing, but on some trucks and not cars. They're bright red bars, and seem to replace the lightbox on the top of the cabs. Still, they don't crash the game, so I'll live with them!
BTW, my trucks are all DAF's !!
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 20:36

Hey,

I've also noticed that on trucks, must be the skin pack mod. Thanks for the helpful response.
Great that your trucks are all DAFs ;) I'm also a fan of Volvos and Scanias though.

Any more answers would be welcome.

MrAnthony
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 21:16

I believe Jazzycat releases a fix for his red textures. Might be on the SCS forum :)

I don't use his pack so I've had no trouble, have however noticed a red line on all Scania's from his painted truck pack.

stummer
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 22:13

Jassycat released a fixed version for the AI cars today. And he announced to release a fixed painted truck pack tomorrow. Just look out for his mods on the SCS forum.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 07:28

Thanks for the info stummer!
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 15:26

Thanks very much, I hope this solves my problem ;)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

23 May 2014 19:28

Well, I've downloaded the AI 1.1 mod, and reinstalled all my other AI mods, and everything seems to be ok, so thanks guys!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information