Football discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
CptCaribbean

01 May 2018 17:54

Spanish football (no offense) is OP nowadays since the last 5 years or so. If this wasn't enough, Madrid buys the referees, so expect a penalty in his favour if the game is super tied at the last minutes (as with Juventus and many other teams in the past).
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

martinusK

01 May 2018 19:38

There's isn't any football team i hate more than Real. However, with two away goals and Bayern's injuries, i think they will make it to the finals. Which will mean (most likely) a Real-Liverpool final.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

PirriAND

01 May 2018 19:44

CptCaribbean wrote:
01 May 2018 17:54
Spanish football (no offense) is OP nowadays since the last 5 years or so. If this wasn't enough, Madrid buys the referees, so expect a penalty in his favour if the game is super tied at the last minutes (as with Juventus and many other teams in the past).
Spanish footbal sucks. Everything is Barça-Madrid and then the other 18 teams are just to entertain FCB and RM. La Liga is the same as the Scottish Premier League, Celtic and Rangers vs everybody else.

That's why I hate Barça and Madrid equally and want both teams to always lose.

martinusK

01 May 2018 21:48

...I don't think i even need to say anything about today. Absolutely disgraceful performance by the ref. How VAR has not yet been introduced in the CL baffles me, but this is the fourth semi-final in a row that Real Madrid have won thanks to incredibly controversial referee decisions, or just blatant blindness of referees.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

realdeal350
Developer

02 May 2018 01:14

PirriAND wrote:
Everything is Barça-Madrid and then the other 18 teams are just to entertain FCB and RM.
That's true, which is why I am always more hyped for the Champion's league; it's much more "fair" and interesting.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

CptCaribbean

02 May 2018 09:56

Since the last few years some teams such as Atletico de Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Celta, Betis... are starting to be a pain in the ass at some moments.
@martinusK warned ya ;) Expect it to be the same handball match in the final.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

EdgeGladiator

02 May 2018 11:51

PirriAND wrote:
Spanish footbal sucks. Everything is Barça-Madrid and then the other 18 teams are just to entertain FCB and RM. La Liga is the same as the Scottish Premier League, Celtic and Rangers vs everybody else.

That's why I hate Barça and Madrid equally and want both teams to always lose.
This championship is still better than the French league lol.

In any case, the problems of refereeing in champions leagues are too present and favors the biggest team, in particular the real madrid. After, the barca is also protected as at the remontada hhh :x :x . You can thank the guardian of Bayern :lol: .
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

PirriAND

02 May 2018 20:05

realdeal350 wrote:
02 May 2018 01:14
That's true, which is why I am always more hyped for the Champion's league; it's much more "fair" and interesting.
Depends...

We only see the Champions League when the group stage start in September but we forget that many teams put a lot of effort into making it to the group stage during the summer. It kind of works like this:

-The bad teams play against each other
- The bad teams that survive play against medium teams (All the bad teams get whipped out)
-Medium teams that survive play against each other + Difficult teams
- Only difficult teams make it and and very little amount of medium teams. (Bate Borisov, Dynamo Zagreb, FC Astana... You get the picture.)

The only "fair" competition is the Europa League. where 27 different teams have won it.

CptCaribbean wrote:
02 May 2018 09:56
Since the last few years some teams such as Atletico de Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla, Celta, Betis... are starting to be a pain in the ass at some moments.
They can be a pain in the ass at some point yes, BUT they can afford being a pain in the ass every season. Look at Sevilla this year.... Hopeless. Look at Atletico Madrid, yes they made it to second place, but their game is sh*t because they couldn't buy players because of the FIFA ban and they had to wait until this January. And even still, their game is not the same as when they had David Villa, or when they made it to the Champions league final twice.

My Spanish team Espanyol beat this year Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid at home... And we had a horrible season. We can compete, but not at the same level as Real Madrid or FCB.

And lately with the ridiculous 100-250m€ transfers... It's game over for us, the fans of small teams.

EdgeGladiator wrote:
02 May 2018 11:51
This championship is still better than the French league lol.

In any case, the problems of refereeing in champions leagues are too present and favors the biggest team, in particular the real madrid. After, the barca is also protected as at the remontada hhh :x :x . You can thank the guardian of Bayern :lol: .
I disagree.
I have seen 8 French teams win the Ligue 1 in the XXI century. Imagine how a fan of Montpelier would have felt when his team won in 2012... Or how OSC Lille felt after wining a league after 57 years... I can't see Betis or Villareal wining a league anytime soon.
And remember. Atletico won the league a few years ago in the last match against FCB. If FCB had won, Barça would have won the league, NOT atletico.

gustavcerqueira
Donation rank:

06 May 2018 18:52

Hello guys!
I've been a football fan since I was a kid and the club I always supported (and always will) is CR Flamengo, the most beautiful supporters in Brazil (also the major supporter base with millions - that's why we call ourselves Nação (Nation):
xfbl-libertadores-flamengo-san-lorenzo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BDCzh4hV2P.jpg
xfbl-libertadores-flamengo-san-lorenzo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.BDCzh4hV2P.jpg (62.15 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
In recent years, as I moved to São Paulo, even as Flamengo sometimes plays there for the Brazilian Serie A sometimes, I was missing a good sunny sunday at the pitch, so I've found a club there to support. It is a different kind of love tho, as my main goes to Flamengo above all. This new love is interesting because this club was once one of the major powers in Brazilian football, back when the sport started around here. Also, It was founded by the italian immigrant worker class that lived and worked around the Mooca neighborhood. Nowadays the club ain't a major power (very far from it) even in São Paulo city, plays the 2nd São Paulo State division (struggled this season to stay), and in a national scenario is playing regional lower divisions, tryin' to be back on the 4th division of the national liga!
Altough all this, their small pitch in Mooca neighborhood is one of the most traditional within the city, can support around 4k people (mostly with no seats) and always when I go there I feel at home, 'cos it is always full (supporters mostly only support this club, not even care about brazilian national squad) and there are families with kids, grandpas etc all together.
This club is Clube Atlético Juventus:
setor-2-atletico-juventus-15-112739-barrabrava-net.jpg
setor-2-atletico-juventus-15-112739-barrabrava-net.jpg (142.71 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
As I like football no matter how and where, I follow some leagues around the world. The ones I like the most to follow is the German Bundesliga (although recently ain't no fun as before 'cos Bayern Munchen is always OP so I started to follow their 2nd division), English Premier League and La Liga.
Hope you all have a grat experience with Football as well!
Cheers!
Burning Logistics

gustavcerqueira
Donation rank:

06 May 2018 18:59

PirriAND wrote:
02 May 2018 20:05
The only "fair" competition is the Europa League. where 27 different teams have won it.

Agreed. Much more Interesting nowadays, even though Champions League got the more hype, some of the best players around the globe (and some of the most expensive ones) and the matches itself at the final stages are incredible.
This season I'm supporting Liverpool on the final match. Lets hope Real Madrid don't buy anything to make this match fair enough.
Burning Logistics

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information