Some Forum Questions

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Abdurrezzak3500

25 Apr 2018 19:00

I have some questions about forum. I ask them 'cause %90 of forum members are very nice and neat :D

1. Can I ban from forum?
2. If I ban can I install ProMods content?
3. What if I stole your content Like sharing it on ShareMods or giving my friend via USB ( Well I've done that guility because he had no Internet connection and he requested it :roll: )
4. If I extract ProMods from scs files Because there is some softwares for it
5. Do you check/audit the posts?
6. Can I become and Beta tester or Moderator?
7. What will you do about political disputations Like Kosovo, Northern Cyprus, East Ukraine Nagro Karabakh, Abzakhia, South Ossteia, Chechenia etc.
Image Image
Image Image Image

Noah_Lukas

25 Apr 2018 19:17

I can tell you for 7. they won't build it as long as it is a political sensitive area ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2018 19:32

1. You can get banned from the forums if you aren't following the rules.
2. don't know.
3. When they find out, you will be in lot of trouble.(Not sure about the USB thing doe.)
4. You can't extract them that easily since they're locked.
6. You can get Beta Tester if you're active on Bug Reports Forum and report bugs if you find them, to help making the Map better.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

25 Apr 2018 19:46

Just to make one thing clear: DO NOT GET YOURSELF BANNED. Just behave, and it will be better for everyone, OK? We don't want to deal with shady stuff more than we have to, do we?
Now, to answer your questions.

#1. The moderators and administrators can ban anyone from the forum, but only if said member is violating the rules with clear intent to do so. Personal vendettas and annoyance aren't reason enough to ban someone; it should not involve a personal matter, but an objective violation of the rules. (NOTE: Being a troll, clone account or a spambot will get you insta-banned)
#2. Being banned restricts your access to ProMods, including all updates.
#3. Redistributing the mod is a violation of the terms of use. You may use the mod as you like, copy the mod and even sharing with a friend via an USB stick is all fine, but once you put it on the internet, then you'll risk a ban.
#4. It's not explicitly illegal to open up ProMods, but extracting content from it and redistributing said content without permission is also a bannable offence. We can't monitor what happens on your PC. We are not the NSA, after all ;) But we can take action against mods that stole our content, and we've done so in the past. There are however a few mods that use some of our content with explicit permission and therefore pose no problem to us.
#5. With the number of posts per day posted on the forums, we can't look through them all in-depth. We ain't got time for that! Instead, we only investigate cases that look suspicious. But all of this is logical; no forum plows through every single post; that would be practically impossible. You just focus on the deviations from the norm.
#6. Unwritten rule #1 of ProMods; if you ask to become a beta tester or a moderator, this decreases your chance to become one. We select people we consider to be trustworthy and responsible. People who ask to become one are most likely not what we seek.
#7. We rather don't want to get ourselves involved in those. We take a neutral stance and avoid those areas, so we don't pick either side of the conflict.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2018 20:49

^^ Well, that's your daily dose of wisdom up there! ^^
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information