[Setup bragging] A major revamp

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Polestar
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2018 00:47

Hello,

I'm back after a while! I couldn't be bothered with ETS considering later explained pc issues. Forza Horizon 3 took all my time and I only returned now to share my new build.

I used to run ETS on a quite old gaming PC (AMD 5700 series + Intel Celeron PoS CPU) which worked fine until I couldn't run ETS + ProMods on low settings on nothing but 20 fps. So I set apart (quite some) money and revamped my entire setup. And I thought: let's share!

What hasn't changed:
Accessoire wise:
-Ikea desk: still using the same old desk because it fits perfectly in the corner of my room,
-Trust microphone: this 6 year old fella still makes crisp sound and works fine for those Discord related hours,
-Xbox One: I bought an Xbox One for Forza Horizon 3 which took some of my ETS time, I still use that,
-Ikea lamp: bought this lamp way back, it had a QI charger which I couldn't use with my old iPhone (d'oh!) but it works with my new Samsung.
-Edifier speakers: my Logitech speakers blew up (or at least damaged themselves, not even by playing loud music), these seemed fine and they deliver great sound.
PC wise:
-ASRock Motherboard: was quite high end so I kept it,
-Windows 7: planning on upgrading to W10 soon, but I'm too lazy to actually do it.

What has changed:
Wham! I apologize for the quite stupid lighting, I was trying some settings on my €10 LED bar running round my desk. Red, in this instance. But the clear white gives great mood lighting.

Oh and I'm planning on replacing the only "old" part of my PC, the Hard Drive, with a Kingston 256 GB SSD, so the cables are preliminary.

New specs and hardware:
PC:
non-SSD Hard Drive (500 GB)
Windows 7 Premium
ASRock Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Elixir 2x4GB DDR3 RAM
Accesoiries:
1TB USB Hard Drive
Xbox Controller
Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse
IIyama 26'' HD Gaming Monitor
Logitech G920 Driving Force
Edifier R1280 2-piece without subwoofer

So it's quite messy atm but I will be sure to make a crisper picture once the SSD is installed. Also, I shared this to give insight in my new setup and I hope you like it! And yes, your pc might be better but for the money I spent, I think I got quite a nice setup.
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Noah_Lukas

25 Jun 2018 13:44

Polestar wrote:
25 Jun 2018 00:47
-Xbox One: I bought an Xbox One for Forza Horizon 3 which took some of my ETS time, I still use that,
In my opinion Forza Horizon 3 is one of the best games for Xbox. The teaser for Forza Horizon 4 was already released 2 weeks ago. :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Polestar
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2018 18:01

Hence why I already pre-ordered it ;)
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information