I'd like to be a Beta tester.

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
elpollo-loco9

20 Jul 2018 17:57

Hello,
My name is Yeray, I'm from Catalonia, Spain, and I would like to be a new Promods junior beta tester but I need an invitation from a group leader, could a leader make me a junior beta tester pls?
Thanks,
Yeray
Barcelona, República de Catalunya

CptCaribbean

20 Jul 2018 18:06

Good afternoon neighbour ;)

We would need you to search bugs in our map and if we see you're really good at this you would become junior beta-tester, for sure.

Good luck. Bona sort!
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

realmadrid1902

20 Jul 2018 18:24

I am dreaming to be a junior beta tester. but I have problems like in getting coordinates because I have a laptop and it just changes the sound not get the coordinates
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

CptCaribbean

20 Jul 2018 20:07

Playing in a laptop isn't an issue to get coordinates. It's all about activating a console's command and press F11 when you see a bug :lol:
Last edited by CptCaribbean on 23 Jul 2018 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Abdurrezzak3500

23 Jul 2018 13:33

or fn+f11
Image Image
Image Image Image

realdeal350
Developer

24 Jul 2018 07:00

Protip: asking to become a beta tester reduces your chances of becoming a beta tester.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

citelis730
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2018 14:06

I don't understand why so many people want to be beta testers! Do they have a reward? It sound a lot of work to do to me!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

29 Jul 2018 07:42

You are absolutely correct. Being a ProMods beta-tester is a lot of work. You need to keep a log about where you've been, so it's easier to see where you found which bug, and under which circumstances.

Many people think it's just a nice way of getting early access.
Let me tell you, it's not. An early version of ProMods isn't 'fun' to drive. Especially new areas, which are just completed. They aren't yet optimized, there's always a chance of running into bugs and crashes.
Driving the beta-map can sometimes be compared to a minefield, you never know what will happen.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

29 Jul 2018 09:41

Yes thats correct. Because I am also reporting now a LOT OF BUGS. :D
And to all people who think: Its easy, its just searching and reporting. No, thats not so easy.
:!:
You must make for EVERY upload do a report, make Screenshots, edit the screenshots (circles or arrows), post it on imgur.com, post game.log on pastebin and then the Report on Promods.

NOW YOU CAN SEE ITS A LOT OF WORK :idea:
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Callipso
Donation rank:

29 Jul 2018 23:16

As much as I like driving around the map, beta testing can be arduous work cause of the potential incomplete nature of areas like, invisible walls, gaps in the terrain, sometimes you end up just falling through textures.

I've reported quite a few in my day all over the Promods map I can say the process is a bit tedious if you don't have a working plan on how you report things as its very common to make duplicate reports ( I don't know if that has changed recently). I usually go about it by jotting down each location I find a bug at and make sure too find a way to describe it in a way that the developers can easily find and repair the problem; knowing you way around the editor can also help in the description. So sometimes I have a list of around a hundred locations and then have to make sure that each has not already been reported in either a previous version or the current one and then go back and make snapshots and then Photoshop in an arrow or circle if applicable. Then post in the bug tracker first the biggest issues and then the minor tweaks. It can take me hours to finish it all.

Rewards are self fulfilling since I'm not paid or anything to do the work I just feel glad to be able to lend a hand to improving the project in any way I can.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information