License Plate

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Randleman

30 Jul 2018 18:47

Hello fellow truckers,

I was wondering if there's a way to manipulate random generated license plates in the game, without having to use World of Trucks.
Reason for this being that I want my license plate to spell out initials. I managed to randomly get it on a Russian plate once, however now I am trying to get it on German plates. Already picked Köln as the garage so it would always start with a K. But it seems to be impossible to get EK. I've had EZ, EA, ET, etc, but not the one I wanted..
I've been swapping my truck between my garages in Hannover and Köln for about 2 hours now just to get the right combination, but to no avail.
The reason for me not wanting to use World of Trucks to make German plates is because then it doesn't have the 2 stickers after the area code. Which randomly game generated German plates do have.

Any suggestions?

Edit:
Been trying for 4 hours straight now. I'm just wondering how it can be possible to get K DK, K FK, K ZK, K XK, K PK, K MK, K NK, K OK but not a simple E..
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 30 Jul 2018 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button instead of double posting https://www.promods.net/app.php/rules#rule-2c

realmadrid1902

30 Jul 2018 22:00

I have a solution for you. Buy a garage in Munich and you will have a license plate with first letter M which stands for munich
ProMods user since: 2.15.
PC specs: I don't like to say them.
Langauges: a bit FR Image , EN Image and AR. Busy with School!

Randleman

30 Jul 2018 22:36

I'm after the specific letter combination of K (Köln) and then EK. The numbers don't matter to me.
Unfortunately World of Trucks German license plates aren't realistic, or I would've used that.
After calculating that there's 650 possible combinations, and with approximately 10 tries a minute, the chance of me actually getting what I'm after is 0,2%. After 4-5 hrs I surely must've surpassed those odds.
Starting to believe that combination just isn't possible due to some coding somewhere in files I will never understand.

PirriAND

31 Jul 2018 21:50

That's why i suggested a mod in ProMods where all standards SCS trucks come with a option where you can choose from all the SCS + Promods license plates to put to your truck. And maybe put a few empty spaces so you can add your own custom plates.

The mod i suggest is something like a few trucks mods have, similar to this:

Polestar
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2018 23:39

God, glad I'm not the only one bothered by the 'unrealistic' outcome of WoTr license plates :) With countries like Germany who use area stickers (Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy among others) the WoTr plates are so off. I think the in-game licenseplates are a tad unrealistic too, but fine for now. But yeah, countries with vanity plates should have that bit of customization made realistic.
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

PirriAND

01 Aug 2018 00:45

Polestar wrote:
31 Jul 2018 23:39
God, glad I'm not the only one bothered by the 'unrealistic' outcome of WoTr license plates :) With countries like Germany who use area stickers (Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy among others) the WoTr plates are so off. I think the in-game licenseplates are a tad unrealistic too, but fine for now. But yeah, countries with vanity plates should have that bit of customization made realistic.
Yeah...
For example Spain uses a XXXX-YYY format (X: Numbers Y: Letters. For example: "1234 BCD") and it goes by alphabetical order (They are currently using the "K" Example: "1248 KHD". It's quite unrealistic to see trucks with plates like "7485 SDF", numbers combinations that are still decades ahead of present day.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2018 12:59

This ought to be moddable in quite a few (very) different ways. Problem is, I think, that there is one very arduous way (modelling in new plates) and a way which would affect a lot more than intended (definition file modding). I'll have a think about it, but no promises.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

04 Aug 2018 14:18

If anyone wants a custom LP you can send me a PM with the combination, the country of the LP and your HQ city and I can make a quick mod for that. Many combinations may not be available in game because they may not exist yet. Unlike WoT I will keep the stickers if that's what you want. :D
PirriAND wrote:
01 Aug 2018 00:45
For example Spain uses a XXXX-YYY format (X: Numbers Y: Letters. For example: "1234 BCD") and it goes by alphabetical order (They are currently using the "K" Example: "1248 KHD". It's quite unrealistic to see trucks with plates like "7485 SDF", numbers combinations that are still decades ahead of present day.
For the past year or so I've been going around all the countries in game and fixing the LPs so that they are as realistic as possible. I haven't reached Spain yet but I acknowledge that they are currently running the K series LPs and I will fix it when I get there. ;) In the meantime I'd be happy if you guys mention any other issues with LPs so far as I may have done that country but missed something out. :)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

PirriAND

04 Aug 2018 20:04

tkk7406 wrote:
04 Aug 2018 14:18
For the past year or so I've been going around all the countries in game and fixing the LPs so that they are as realistic as possible. I haven't reached Spain yet but I acknowledge that they are currently running the K series LPs and I will fix it when I get there. ;) In the meantime I'd be happy if you guys mention any other issues with LPs so far as I may have done that country but missed something out. :)
I can only talk about Andorra and Spain, the rest i don't know. Andorra plates are well made and don't need any fix, just don't add weird things like the one we see around here recently:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 20:08

Because, who wouldn't call their yellow 4x4 'Sara' :lol:
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information