What's interesting to see in your neighborhood?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Lynx21
Developer

25 Oct 2018 17:57

Welcome!
Everyone likes to travel, so why not to show something interesting to see near our living areas? Show us something special, maybe someone will decide to travel there? ;)

I'll start with showing you marvelous Old Town in Bielsko-Biała :D
Investing in Eastern Poland since 2001...

Rundki w GLE mordeczko moje Caro

Currently working on: Poland

PapierSUHD
Developer

25 Oct 2018 18:19

The castle of Oranienburg!
img1.php.jpg
img1.php.jpg (142.82 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Developer for Eastern Europe

Current work:
Ukraine

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2018 08:58

Do I need to say more?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

RacerToft
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2018 09:13

Not where I'm living now, but this is my real home :)

Blokhus Strand
ATS Map Designer, SCS Software

From Denmark, living in the Czech Republic!
Keep calm and ride the dirt!
"Kan man gå overhovedet i sådan nogle?" -Jørgen Leth

Shiva

26 Oct 2018 10:14

Photo taken from my home.
Home.jpg
Home.jpg (164.8 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
That morning, 6days ago, the water was as a mirror, no wind at all.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

BigRickButters

26 Oct 2018 12:11

This is a small part of the Nordstadt (Northern City) of my hometown, Zirndorf, with its landmark "Alte Veste" which means old fortress. It was build in the Thirty Years War, also there was a big battle for it in 1632 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Alte_Veste if someone is interested in it)

Omicron
Developer

26 Oct 2018 17:28

While there is a good bit of history here, no one really knows about it in Ireland alone - where I live, it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. On the off chance you do drop by, visit the 1848 Famine War House. (For those interested, here's a link describing in detail the history: http://www.slieveardagh.com/history/famine-warhouse/ .)

The Famine Warhouse

Instead visit other towns and cities. The nicest one near to me is Kilkenny. Visit Kilkenny Castle and get a train ride around the city too. If you want to do some shopping, you can go to MacDonagh Junction and Market Cross.
(DISCLAIMER: Kilkenny is referred to as a city, despite it being a town.)

Kilkenny Castle

Or maybe visit Co. Kerry, for stunning views and dangerous drives (both can be found at Connor Pass). All the towns (Dingle, Kenmare, Killarney, etc.) are really nice. You can go for a drive around Dingle Head (in the Gaeltacht, or Irish-speaking area), but beware of other tourists who can't really cope with the narrow roads! Visit the places indicated with brown signposts. And don't forget to visit the beaches there too.

Killorglin

In my opinion, the West of Ireland is much more interesting than the east. Visit in the summer, to avoid as much of the rain as you can.
Last edited by Omicron on 28 Oct 2018 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

Davyddin
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2018 18:02

The archipelago I hail from looks like this:

The ice shelf carved it up during the ice age to be this tapestry criss-crossed with islands and islets. The land has been slowly rising ever since. It is a paradise to me:

You're welcome to visit! Preferably in the summer! ;)
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

NewCoolMapper

26 Oct 2018 18:52

Well, it's not exactly to see, but my city (Odivelas), was built within the reign of the first dinasty of kings in Portugal. In 1279-1325, King Denis I, the Farmer King, came to lands near Lisbon. He and his wife (Rainha Isabel) didn't have the same ideas, because Isabel liked to help the poor. She usually quit home to help the poor people with bread and food. One day, Denis found Isabel and asked what she was doing, she was wearing a dress where she had all the bread hidden, and she was very afraid that he (Denis) would find out she was helping the poor. She took the bread out of her dress, because he was asking her to do that, and what a surprise when she found out the bread she was carrying had been transformed into roses for the King.
On another day, Isabel knew that Denis liked to talk to some girls near the area which is now Odivelas, and when she saw him near that area, she asked him: "Ide vê-las, senhor?", which means "Did you see them, sir?". The name transformed to Idevelas and later to Odivelas :)
They also built the Monastery of Saint Denis here. He was one of the best portuguese kings.
Odivelas2-IPPAR.jpg
Odivelas2-IPPAR.jpg (236.71 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
Desentupidor-de-Canos-Odivelas-1.jpg
Desentupidor-de-Canos-Odivelas-1.jpg (248.91 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

Lynx21
Developer

26 Oct 2018 20:07

Whoa! So beautiful, guys! Now I've added new places on "to see" list :D
Investing in Eastern Poland since 2001...

Rundki w GLE mordeczko moje Caro

Currently working on: Poland

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information