Licenses of real companies?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
agloco

10 Nov 2018 07:05

Hello from Germany,

I've only been playing the promods for 2 months now and I'm very excited (of course I always pay - it can also get more expensive). Have already played the GTS in 2010 and now after 8 years break started again.

I have a question about the companies on the promods.There are big companies like Lidl, Ikea, Hornbach, Biedronka and many others. Does Promods have a license from the companies? Or were they simply inserted?
I would be very interested in that because SCS can not get in on real companies. What is the problem? I think these companies have no trouble showing up in a computer game. Soon it will happen that they have to pay for it.

If there was already an thread, I would be happy about a link. Sorry for my bad english.

Greeting from Germany
Alex

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2018 11:20

Well, it's actually quite simple.

ProMods is a free mod, and thus we make no money out of the company names we use.
SCS' game is something you need to pay for. And thus they make money out of the usage of real company names. Which isn't allowed.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information