Map exploration

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
chipndale

09 Jul 2014 18:22

Just crossed my mind to dump this stupid question, but how much of the map have you explored so far on your main profile? :) I'd figure some of you are playing for quite a while now so perhaps 100 percent is done ad dusted :ugeek:

I have this urge to uncover as much map as possible, it's like a rash :D but NOT by free roam, mind! so obviously I detour as much as possible from the standard route the GPS is laying out for me just to reach those unexplored areas and still make my deliveries in due time(!). It's more like a challenge really.

Lately though it's getting harder and harder to find those tiny scattered pieces of road here and there. On my main profile I have so far 98.08 percent but It's taking forever to reach completion, and I don't want to free roam yet, cos it feels like cheating :lol:

So how far did you guys get with exploring?

PS: You really should allow us uploading images greater than 256KB, come one now :) It's like inquisition here.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

09 Jul 2014 22:02

Before I lost my level 99 profile to a harddisk failure, I got up to 99.93% (of the original map, no DLC or mods). That's all the roads explored, all the yards visited. I'd run out of ideas to get 100% exploration, basically, so I'm kind of doubtfull whether it's even possible to get 100%.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

10 Jul 2014 20:35

chipndale wrote: PS: You really should allow us uploading images greater than 256KB, come one now :) It's like inquisition here.
huh?
that is due to your image hoster right? At least I use imgur and I never have issues with that.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

chipndale

10 Jul 2014 20:39

I can't get my head wrapped around how could you play the original map only for so long :D I mean after some point it's becoming so dull.. For me, if not for ProMods first and foremost and then some other valuable mods I'd probably have lost my interest a while ago, but well.. who knows.

My effort includes Promods and Going East (and hopefully Poland Rebuilding soon) so it's a tad harder but I have faith I'ma pull it off :) Sure now with 1.70 around the corner & 1.11 it's gonna take me back a bit but I won't complain, fresh ground to cover. In fairness if I don't uncover at least 1 meter of fresh ground it's like the whole job becomes pointless lol.

Just some road parts in ProMods can become annoying as they don't turn yellow on both lanes etc but that's probably due to some customs prefabs?

Was more curious if someone else has this "rash" of uncovering the whole map as I do :P

LE:
Nico wrote:huh?
that is due to your image hoster right? At least I use imgur and I never have issues with that.
No I meant when I try to upload some image here within Upload attachment tab (right of Options one), I get the size restriction.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

10 Jul 2014 20:49

ah well the attachment tab has the purpose to store the game.log.

When to many images get stored the server will get slow and users will start to complain about a slow website ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information