Ivangorod. Russia-Estonia border in real life...

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Maxest

19 Mar 2020 05:36

This February (my first visit was in October - but I was in hurry that time) I finally had a chance to visit the Russian border town of Ivangorod in order to take some reference photos. To see this place was one of my dreams but due the strict Russian visa policy it was still yet only a dream. All have changed since October 2019 when Russia have introduced it's free e-visa policy. Having been already to Kalinigrad I was still kind of scared to go through the customs. But despite it's unwelcoming fortificated look with lot's of razor wire and fences crossing the border was very quick and friendly. To be inside of the town you spent so much time on researching and building felt quite surreal. So, how did it look in real life? Was it the same old, partially neglected and chaotic like I tried to make it or I overplayed it.. well some parts felt quite a match. But this feeling also make exploration more interesting ;) I hope that for 1:19 scale I worked in and the limited data It's still felt quite recognizable and I'm looking to make it even better in the new edition of the Ivangorod mod.

You see they have updated some signs from the last photos I saw?

It's said there was a chapel or church which was destroyed, and to mark this place there is a cross.. however mostly this space is used as a parking

Did you knew there are a lot of fake brands in Russia? Gas station Sheil, and fake McDonald's selling kebabs..

A bit futher from the main road

And the gem of Ivangorod - it's fortress

Here you can see some parts of the border facilities and pharmacy (with the red roof). Making any pictures of them were illegal - and I didn't tried to mess with the Russian law. However I still learned quite a lot about the border procedures and order.

Estonian shore

I actually did more photos - but I feel that it's already way too much there. So, logically it should be the last one.

Hey! 8-) Follow our progress on Budapest add-on for ProMods there

TheNuvolari

19 Mar 2020 09:16

That "McDonald's" belongs to r/awesomeoffbrands :lol:

PirriAND

20 Mar 2020 00:05

^TheNuvolari

Last summer i went to Cyprus and i crossed over to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and there where a lot of fake brands as well.

• Information