How to prevent "Game change detected!"?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
JASMein03M

02 Jun 2020 23:16

I don't play ETS2 very much and because of that I am most of the times still doing a job when I save the game, but then when I want to continue on this job again, there has been a game update. And because of that my truck is re-parked at my garage and I can't continue with the job. This is very, very frustrating, because it happens with almost every job I do.

So my question is, is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Or is there way to disable this function of the game?

What I have already tried without any succes:
Editing the info.sii file in my save to have the newer version. (Edit: It worked with some previous updates but not with this one)
Downloading a manifest with DepotDownloader, maybe I did this wrong, I still don't really know how to use this.

Any help is welcome and thank you guys in advance

Edit: This is my game log if needed

(if this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the correct one)
Last edited by JASMein03M on 03 Jun 2020 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

MXTrucker
Donation rank:

03 Jun 2020 01:01

hI JASMein03M

Open steam
Right click on ets2 (or ats)
Properties > Update > Automaic update > select your preference
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/MXTrucker/videos
En français et/ou anglais
In English and/or French
Pùo aiutare in Italiano

JASMein03M

03 Jun 2020 09:24

I can only choose between: “update always”, “update when the game is started” and “high priority”. I don't think that will help. But thanks for your suggestion!

Shiva

03 Jun 2020 09:40

Downgrade in beta tab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJaFqyu-ps
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7Nkh-u1T4
For future use.
Not sure what version the 1.37Beta runs.
Yesterday's update was 1 that reset the jobs and truck location.
Steam in constant offline mode might not help either?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

JASMein03M

03 Jun 2020 16:08

Yeah, I know that you can do that and I also did that with 1.36. But even the 1.36 version was updated 2 times while 1.37 was already out. And both of these updates reset the economy. And I also had this multiple times while using the downgraded 1.35 version.
So now I'm looking for a solution. And I think that the only solution is to somehow disable the automatic economy reset when there is an update (most updates don't even need an economy reset).

Claus62

03 Jun 2020 19:19

I find it just as annoying. My guess is that the only way to prevent this from happening is to switch steam into offline mode. If the update does an economy reset it does that normally for a reason - meaning that if you bypass it you could damage your profile.

Shiva

04 Jun 2020 03:52

Most truck to garage = there has been map changes.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

JASMein03M

04 Jun 2020 08:35

@Claus62 and @Shiva
Offline mode can be an option, but not when the game is already updated.
And in the past I was able to just alter the version that was written in the save game and everything was fine. But now that doesn't work any more (or I'm doing it wrong now).

IvanKuz

04 Jun 2020 23:56

I find this pretty annoying as well, so here is how I have been dealing with this:
  1. If I know that an update has been released and I know that I have a job in progress that I wish to finish, I just disconenct the internet cable before launching Steam ("It's a simple spell, but quite unbreakable" :lol: ). If you don't play often, you can check this topic to see if new updates have arrived.
  2. Launch the game in offline mode, finish the job, and park somewhere you can easily remember. Or, if you can, just drive back to your garage.
  3. Reconnect to the Internet, update and start the game.
  4. Teleport back to the exact location where you parked before the update and continue on as if nothing happened. (If you drove back to your garage, this won't even be necessary)
I've only recently updated to 1.37 (precisely because it took me a while to drive back to my garages on both my profiles), and this is how I have been going through an uniterrupted run of consequent deliveries this week despite 2 updates dropping in the past few days ;)

Claus62

05 Jun 2020 14:48

I wonder whether setting the option to "update only when game is started" and then going into offlinemode as soon as something suspicious is in your download queue will do the trick as well(I use the internet for work as well so pulling the plug isn't really an option)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information