Air Horn sound issues

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
TheStranger
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 18:11

Sorry for posting this as it's a bug with the game and nothing to do with promods, but the SCS board is pretty much dead so no help to be found there. Basically my air horn in the game has started sounding like a whistle/birds/alarm...I can't really explain it. I didn't install any mods between the time it was working right and when it stopped (I don't think but it's possible I hadn't used it in awhile). Also the sound when shifting gears is messed up as well, it just kind of does a clicking sound. So it seems like maybe there's an air sound problem?

I did see a few messages in my game log about Iveco Sound Air not being found or something along those lines but I can't get that message to come up anymore and i'm still having the issues.

I have a youtube video of the problem happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83rVMcdSLQ

Hopefully someone is able to help. I've removed all mods. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I've tried adding mods to change the horn sound. Nothing has worked. I would just live without the horn at all but now since it's making the weird click sound when changing gears as well it's pretty much unplayable to me.

I've started a new profile and haven't heard any issues thus far, but I really don't want to start over on my profile.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 20:50

TheStranger wrote:Sorry for posting this as it's a bug with the game and nothing to do with promods, but the SCS board is pretty much dead so no help to be found there.
Say what? With over 200 new posts every single day I can't agree that "the SCS board is pretty much dead..."

You've answered your own question though. Deselect that faulty sound mod you have installed...
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

TheStranger
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 20:55

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
TheStranger wrote:Sorry for posting this as it's a bug with the game and nothing to do with promods, but the SCS board is pretty much dead so no help to be found there.
Say what? With over 200 new posts every single day I can't agree that "the SCS board is pretty much dead..."

You've answered your own question though. Deselect that faulty sound mod you have installed...
The technical problems board is not very busy, maybe 5 posts a day. However you may notice in my post that I actually explained that I've removed all mods, uninstalled game, reinstalled game and am currently running vanilla and still have the issue.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 21:06

In that case, please post your full game.log.txt file here, otherwise we'll just be guessing (or as my late mother would have said "pissing upwind..." :lol:
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

TheStranger
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 21:11

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:In that case, please post your full game.log.txt file here, otherwise we'll just be guessing (or as my late mother would have said "pissing upwind..." :lol:
Is there an easy way to do it so that it doesn't go on for 20 pages? Excuse my ignorance :/

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 21:16

Sure, just go to http://pastebin.com and paste your entire game.log.txt file there. When you submit it, they will give you a link you can then copy/paste to your reply here. ;)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 21:48

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:or as my late mother would have said "pissing upwind..." :lol:
Also known as "getting you own back" ;) :lol: .

But seriously folks, the game_log could well reveal the answer............
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2014 23:07

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:Sure, just go to http://pastebin.com and paste your entire game.log.txt file there. When you submit it, they will give you a link you can then copy/paste to your reply here. ;)
You can also post it between "Code" tags. The full forum editor has a button to generate those for you.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information