The Netherlands

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
realdeal350
Developer

29 Aug 2014 12:43

Can someone delete this topic?
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 12:43

I totally agree with Purno! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

realdeal350
Developer

29 Aug 2014 13:44

Why don't I just not do the Netherlands, ok. Will that be alright. Honestly Purno, you don't have the right to call people you dont even know, a kid. How do you know if I haven't seen that Utrecht is in the planned cities section. You know, I never said that this map that I want to make was going to be included in ProMods? I'm pretty sure no-one ever said that. If I want to do my own thing, you should allow that. I just wanted to share what I was doing. It's like how you share the making of Iceland, or like how volan123 wants to show what he is doing in his Slovenia map. By the way, there is nothing for you to judge, becasue you haven't seen anything yet. You don't know if I'm good at mapping, or totally crap. You don't know that. So only judge from what you've seen. If you don't want me to make my own 'Netherlands Expansion' then just say so, and I will just gather up peoples opinions. And if most say no, I'll just do something else and not share it so I don't get rude people that don't even know what they're talking about, and are just here to be rude, even though they've seen nothing.

At the end of the day, I just wanted to share something that was for me and also something I want to share pictures with. Jeez. You really should've bought your corn flakes this morning. I know I did! (That's actually true)
Last edited by realdeal350 on 29 Aug 2014 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Spain developer
Canada developer

Purno
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 13:53

Go ahead. Prove me wrong.
You know, I never said that this map that I want to make was going to be included in ProMods?
True, I just made that assumption based upon your first post.
One thing that i would like to add to the existing map of Europe is adding more cities and roads in the Netherlands!
Because what would be the point of a map of the Netherlands in SCS's default scale 1:19? If it won't fit in ProMods, it won't fit in your own map version either. Same scale, same limited space.

realdeal350
Developer

30 Aug 2014 08:54

Purno wrote:Go ahead. Prove me wrong.
You know, I never said that this map that I want to make was going to be included in ProMods?
True, I just made that assumption based upon your first post.
One thing that i would like to add to the existing map of Europe is adding more cities and roads in the Netherlands!
Because what would be the point of a map of the Netherlands in SCS's default scale 1:19? If it won't fit in ProMods, it won't fit in your own map version either. Same scale, same limited space.
I decided to cancel project because I can't manage to make a new city in the def, and also for other reasons.
Spain developer
Canada developer

gregory.huizer
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2014 10:15

You could perhaps add highways and proper road connections to Belgium and Germany, but cities are difficult...

Or make the city of Rotterdam including it's entire port are on a 1:1 scale... ;)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

30 Aug 2014 10:32

A 1:1 port of Rotterdam will certainly not fit on a 1:19 scaled map. Even when we make large cities, we compress these cities A LOT. If you want to make a 1:1 scale map of the port of Rotterdam, you will need 30 x 5 km of actual space, way more than we even have available between the Netherlands and the UK (yes, the map is THAT compressed).
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

gregory.huizer
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2014 12:54

MandelSoft wrote:A 1:1 port of Rotterdam will certainly not fit on a 1:19 scaled map. Even when we make large cities, we compress these cities A LOT. If you want to make a 1:1 scale map of the port of Rotterdam, you will need 30 x 5 km of actual space, way more than we even have available between the Netherlands and the UK (yes, the map is THAT compressed).
Of course as a standalone map...
I know it wouldn't fit otherwise... ;)

realdeal350
Developer

30 Aug 2014 13:16

gregory.huizer wrote:You could perhaps add highways and proper road connections to Belgium and Germany, but cities are difficult...

Or make the city of Rotterdam including it's entire port are on a 1:1 scale... ;)
That's a good idea.
Now thinking about it, the only city that I would add is Utrecht, and btw I know that's in the plans. Other things that I would implement would be a rebuild of Europoort, to make it more like the real thing, improve Amsterdam's highway network, and, like what Gregory said, add more motorways.
I think that's fair enough.
Spain developer
Canada developer

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information