The Netherlands

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
realdeal350
Developer

29 Aug 2014 09:28

Hi. One thing that i would like to add to the existing map of Europe is adding more cities and roads in the Netherlands! I thought the Netherlands was a bit bare, only having three cities along the edge of the country.
The cities I would like to add would be:
Utrecht, Apeldoorn, Hoogeveen, Enschede, Arnhem, Venlo, Reconstruction of Amsterdam (Not severely)
Hopefully I can make a good map! :D
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Purno
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 09:38

I'd love to see you give it a try, that many cities in a tiny country, on the default 1:19 scale. Good luck. I'm not even taking your post seriously.

realdeal350
Developer

29 Aug 2014 09:47

If i cant fit in a certain city, i will take it out of the plan, but Utrecht is a must have!
Spain developer
Canada developer

Purno
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 09:52

You have not used the search function. You have done no research at all. You do not know what you're talking about.

How about you put a little more effort in your posts before bothering us with them?

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 10:00

You can't fit anything else in Netherlands. It is pretty much crouded as of right now ;) Which is gonna happen to my map as well :P
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

realdeal350
Developer

29 Aug 2014 10:29

Purno wrote:You have not used the search function. You have done no research at all. You do not know what you're talking about.

How about you put a little more effort in your posts before bothering us with them?
Maybe this topic wasn't directed to you.
If you want to post feedback, post positive or counstrucive.
Last edited by realdeal350 on 29 Aug 2014 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Spain developer
Canada developer

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 10:30

Relatively small countries are best created as standalone maps, if you want to fit more cities in. And we already have excellent examples of the Netherlands (and Hungary) ;) . Search the SCS forum! :D
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Aug 2014 10:48

For the Netherlands, only Utrecht and Arnhem might or might not be realisticly fitting on the map. It's getting really tight to fit Utrecht in, due to being in very close proximity to both Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Other cities are not significant enough for freight (Apeldoorn, Hoogeveen, Enschede), or are in too close proximity of other existing cities (Venlo, being too close to Duisburg)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 11:17

Purno wrote:You have not used the search function. You have done no research at all. You do not know what you're talking about.

Geez Purno, who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? :P

I mean, I see your point. We've got this Sven guy branching off on another project while Dutch Map isn't even nearly finished and people are posting some quite ambitious stuff without any real sustenance, but I would suggest it's both better for their motivation and your peace of mind to just leave them to it for the time being. Sure you can offer advise when they ask for it or when they get stuck, but, generally speaking, in my experience, it's better to let people bump into the walls themselves rather than telling them they will.
realdeal350 wrote:Maybe this topic wasn't directed to you.
If you want to post feedback, post positive or counstrucive.
As you can see above, I agree with your sentiment, but: I think you're confusing the terms constructive and complementary. :twisted:
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Purno
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 12:15

Jan Verschueren wrote:Geez Purno, who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? :P
I had no corn flakes at all this morning. :cry:
Sure you can offer advise when they ask for it or when they get stuck, but, generally speaking, in my experience, it's better to let people bump into the walls themselves rather than telling them they will.
I'm sorry, but we had several people suggesting more cities in the Netherlands. We have clearly stated several times that the map is simply too tiny to fit in all the cities we'd like. We have repeated this OVER AND OVER again. And then there comes yet another kid, who comes up with a ridiculous amount of cities.

And what's even worse? This kid didn't even bother to check our plans, because Utrecht is already in our plans for a while!

It's yet another of those "im 2 lazy to read i just post new stuff and expect people to give me the same answer that has been given 10000000000s of times"-kids.

Oh, and if we get pissed off by such kids, since they expect us to take their ridiculous posts seriously, they act rude.

Yeah, sorry. I really should've gotten my corn flakes this morning. :cry:

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information