How far does ProMods have to go?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 10:39

Thinking about the developers' ultimate goal being to make the entirety of Europe, I have compiled a short list to show, technically, what this includes, for those who don't know...

Obviously, the countries included in the default game:
- United Kingdom (UK), Germany (DE), France (FR), Luxembourg (LU), Belgium (BE), The Netherlands (NL), Poland (PL), Hungary (HU), Czech Republic (CZ), Austria (AU), Slovakia (SK), Italy (IT), Switzerland (CH)

The countries ProMods has added so far (29/08/14):
- Norway (NO), Sweden (SE), Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Liechtenstein (FL),

The countries ProMods will/ are planned to add:
- Spain (ES), Estonia (EE), Portugal (PT), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Iceland (IS), Moldova (MD), Romania (RO), Russia (RU), Andorra (AD)

Countries to be confirmed by SCS:
- Ireland (IE)

That leaves the following:
- Faroe Islands, Monaco, San Marino, Ukraine, Belarus, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta (15)

Also these countries split between Europe and Asia:
- Turkey (To Istanbul), Georgia (Far North of), Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan

And if you want to be political:
- Cyprus, Armenia

All in all, 20 countries to include partially or fully. That's a huge, huge amount of work and even the countries planned by you at the moment are nowhere near being included yet. So, for anyone who dares to ask the question of when their country will be included, don't get impatient, just look at the workload.

stummer
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 10:42

That's a nice (and impressive) list.

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 10:45

Yeah, i can see your point. It might take forever, atleast another year or two. Who knows, maybe 5 years or 10 years. But the ProMods team is growing, and more and more developers are joining the team.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

volan123
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2014 15:35

I think it's going to be half SCS work half Promods work. I don't think that SCS will work on the Baltics (they still have to release Scandinavian DLC and add missing countries from ETS 1: these are Spain and Portugal, also half of France is missing.). I also don't think SCS will embrace the Balkans (Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia etc.) anytime soon. SCS should also focus on improving the already build map, because some cities just look ridiculous. But on the other hand Promods likes to go where SCS hasn't been there and they won't be anytime soon... So, I expect that Promods will much greatly expand the map compared to SCS.
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Moh1336

05 Sep 2014 12:25

I really hope if they do go into Ukraine that they add Chernobyl as a drop point and if possible get the 3 exclusion zone check points in there. :D

danirijeka
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 12:38

Moh1336 wrote:I really hope if they do go into Ukraine that they add Chernobyl as a drop point and if possible get the 3 exclusion zone check points in there. :D
Heh, stop the truck in the exclusion zone, take a rest period, ETS2 automatically starts up Fallout 3 with the message "You have become a super mutant. Good luck"

Moh1336

05 Sep 2014 12:54

I know a trucker who had to deliver on a Friday to the reactor 4 location a couple of months ago, when he got there he was at his weekly driving hours limit. He had to stay their until Monday morning. To say he was scared at the idea was an understatement. :D

Purno
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 13:00

The list is basically a simplified version of the document a made a little while ago;

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

05 Sep 2014 14:39

Moh1336 wrote:I know a trucker who had to deliver on a Friday to the reactor 4 location a couple of months ago, when he got there he was at his weekly driving hours limit. He had to stay their until Monday morning. To say he was scared at the idea was an understatement. :D
He shouldn't have worried, it's perfectly safe there (<--- not sarcasm). While it is true that, inside the sarcophagus, you will be exposed to more radiation in 15 minutes than is considered safe to receive in a year, a) the sarcophagus absorbs most of that and b) as with any radiation its intensity decreases with the square of the distance from the source. So, even if there was no sarcophagus, if you're 100m away from the reactor (and they're not going to let anyone without a dosilog anywhere near that close), you would have to sit there for 3 months to receive the same radiation.

Also remember this was a nuclear fire, not an explosion, so most of the ejected radioactive material was ejected up and over the immediate surroundings of the reactor, so I would (after all this time as well) expect this reactor 4 site to be only lightly contaminated (away from the reactor, obviously).

The checkpoints serve to catch people who ventured into contaminated areas without permission and piece of mind reasons. Personally, I wouldn't give going there a second thought from a radiation perspective. I'd worry more about the unsafe roads and road users over there.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

LOK330

05 Sep 2014 15:11

Purno wrote:The list is basically a simplified version of the document a made a little while ago;
not include Faro island...

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information