Ukraine for promods ?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Mikyli
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2014 16:44

Are u gonna add ukraine to map ? if yes so what cities are u gonna add ofc kiev but Chernobyl - Pripjyat cities would be awsome especially pripjyat would awsome landmark with the reactor number 4.

What do u think about ukraine ? should it be added or not ?

ETS2-User
Developer

07 Oct 2014 16:48

To be honest, imo it's not a good idea to include chernobyl, I think some people would consider it a bit offensive. I also don't wanna be reminded of one of the most terrible disasters in the world history when I'm playing ETS2.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

ZelvaCZ

07 Oct 2014 17:21

Well, some time ago, I made a concept map for Ukraine, just for fun. But it is not completed yet (missing gas stations etc)

Here it is:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... VdTTL3lot0

IMO, it is not a good idea to include Chernobyl..
1 - there is no big road near the town
2 - the area is IRL closed
3 - you can't go there, there are no companies and almost no people live here, because the whole area is contamined by radioactivity
4 - see ETS2-user's post
5 - see ETS2-user's post

But remember, Ukraine is hard to make. It is big, there is no streetview, and it will be just like a peninsula without Belarus and Romania. Romania is already been built, but Belarus is not even planned - like Ukraine.

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2014 20:32

I see no eastern Ukraine in that map. Is it because of political reasons?
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

BASSLovah

07 Oct 2014 21:24

Chris94_NOR wrote:I see no eastern Ukraine in that map. Is it because of political reasons?
I was wondering the same.
Proud romanian!

ZelvaCZ

08 Oct 2014 11:27

Yes, it is mainly because of this... Anyway, if there was somebody who wants this map to be expanded, I can do it, but maybe somewhere to Kryvyj Rih, not more to the east, it will be unlogical for now - just imagine what will happen if you went to Donetsk with truck now..

But remember that it is a very large area, it covers the land big as whole Poland.. and it is not easy to make, for example because there is no streetview and there are almost no images of these Ukrainian roads..

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2014 12:22

ZelvaCZ wrote:Yes, it is mainly because of this... Anyway, if there was somebody who wants this map to be expanded, I can do it, but maybe somewhere to Kryvyj Rih, not more to the east, it will be unlogical for now - just imagine what will happen if you went to Donetsk with truck now..

But remember that it is a very large area, it covers the land big as whole Poland.. and it is not easy to make, for example because there is no streetview and there are almost no images of these Ukrainian roads..
What if you go to the Ukrainian version of Google? It's the same with Russia. I can't find any streetview on Russia, but if i go to the Russian version of Google i can find the streetview for Russia.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information